PDA

View Full Version : Flash Errors and how I got by them

montitech
01-08-2007, 10:51 AM
Well it looks like there are still issues with the newest Update (January)

these were wierd, on several different accounts I encountered flash errors and I would refresh the page to get back into the game and the error would still happen at the same spot. here are the desctiptions of how i got the flash content error and how I got around the error.

1) after game starts I went through the top door to get into the clock room and the error came up before the room appeared. this happened several times in arow, I tried login off and backon, no luck. To get past this error, I went through the Dinningroom->kitchen, then to the clock room. and this time I had no error.

2) on a different account, on bloos adventure, I entered Mr H office to get the clock and the clock was not there. THe ! was there, but no clock. when I pressed Z the game gave me a Flash error. I refreshed the page, and when I got back in, I went directly to bloo, and apperently I had the clock on me so I did not need to go back to the Office, and I finished the adventure and my chourse error free from there on.

3)on another account, doing bloos adventure, Every time I enter Mr H office, the room will come up, and then before I could move I recieved a Flash error. I tried refreshing, loging off and back in, as well as restarting bloos adventure all without any results. I finaly fixed this by going to bloo and canceling the adventure, then going Mr H office when not on the adventure, this worked so I went and restarted the adventure and it worked fine this time.

In summary, the errors I experienced Seemed to be a form of Dangling Pointers, a common issue in a dynamic porgram. and the way I got arround them was to do things that would force the game to re-establish these links in a different manner, instead of using the existing cached ones. in the first example my problem was entering the Clock room so I used a different door. in the third example, the issue was most likely on the Clock so by canceling the adventure and entering the office, the game had to reset the office object for without the clock, thus by restarting bloos adventure it was able to fix the issue.

Naturally since I do not know shockwave I am only speculating as to the real problem but at least I got arround the problems today. Hope this helps someone.

Monty :-/

Zim999
01-08-2007, 12:58 PM
This is what's happening to me anyone else? Cause I can't even get to the start up lobby.

montitech
01-08-2007, 02:08 PM
This is what's happening to me anyone else? Cause I can't even get to the start up lobby.

Did you try clearing your Cache??

Zim999
01-08-2007, 02:35 PM
How do I do that?

podpazie
01-08-2007, 03:34 PM
:'(

I was there earlier today (about 10am ish central) and there was no update

Vicks
01-08-2007, 03:38 PM
I couldn't get favors to work on anyone. Since I was able to do an adventure with Bloo after I finished my chores, I got all but the last space on my popularity bar filled. :'( Either I've got to wait til tomorrow (which will make me off, like I accidentally did before) or hopefully I can get it to work today. We'll see....
~Vicks

Vicks
01-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Clearing my cache didn't work. :'( So I don't know what I need to do so I can do a favor today, so I'm not messed up on both our accounts.

I guess oh well for now. lol
~Vicks

Zim~ to clear your cache (cookies and temp internet files and such) do this:
Open Internet Explorer
Click on Tools
Click on Internet Options (last option on the list)
A pop-up screen will show up. In the middle section it will say Temporary Internet Files, and will have 3 buttons to click.
Click on Delete Cookies
Click on Delete Files
Click Okay and you're done. :bloogrin
Hope that helps!

montitech
01-08-2007, 07:50 PM
I couldn't get favors to work on anyone. Since I was able to do an adventure with Bloo after I finished my chores, I got all but the last space on my popularity bar filled. :'( Either I've got to wait til tomorrow (which will make me off, like I accidentally did before) or hopefully I can get it to work today. We'll see....
~Vicks

you cannot do a favor if your favor bar is filled.
I try to always finish my day at BFAHP with 3 favors and one free space just in case I do all my chours without calling a friend I will always be able to do A favor.

There is an older thread about clearing the Shockwave cache( it is through a tool on Adoby's site.) I have not had any sucess with clearing Caches it never fixed issues when I played, but I thought I would through out that option.

hermessiu
01-09-2007, 03:18 AM
I often receive error message about "playback problem" when doing favors or adventures with eduardo:-/

Zim999
01-09-2007, 03:35 AM
I'm still getting the same error just cause of my shockwave.

Vicks
01-09-2007, 07:48 AM
Monty~

My problem wasn't that I had finished 4 favors and I couldn't perform anymore. The problem was I couldn't get anyone to ASK me to perform a favor. I only had one Eduardo in on my line.

I did one chore (the trash) and went to find a friend to help. Not one of the people had the ! pop up, and when I talked to them, no one asked for a favor. Also, Notey said I was not in the middle of doing a favor or adventure, so I was free to start either. So I had no choice but to finish up my other two chores and just do the adventure. This left me with all by one space on my popularity filled, and I couldn't open a game after I did the adventure.

I ended up having to wait until the daily reset and did the favor then, unlocked the game. I was tempted to leave my chores til tomorrow so I'll be back on track, but I did them anyway. I like being able to do the adventure and game the same day, so I don't know. I might leave it or just not do chores one day. We'll see. lol

This exact same thing happened with my daughter's account, so it wasn't just me. It's either a problem with my computer and it's cache, or a glitch with the start of the updated site. Who knows, I'm just glad it's functioning fine now.
~Vicks

Zim999
01-09-2007, 08:58 AM
Mine is still on the blink.

BunnieLebowski
01-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Yesterday when I went to play BFAHP I had a notice pop up that I needed to update my Shockwave program. I played the adventure with Bloo today with no bugs. Maybe stop on by the Shockwave site and see if you have the latest version. It seems they've updated it very recently.

fosters home fan
01-10-2007, 03:09 PM
AUGH It happened to me just now when it said"100% loading"

And I have to wait 5 minutes to try again otherwise it says

"Error you did not log out last time"

I didn't even PLAY THE FREAKING GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:frankiemad:

podpazie
01-10-2007, 06:58 PM
I still haven't recieved an update for the game. Alot of the decorations are gone, but there are no minigames, and the fourth floor isn't fully open. :'( Anyone got an idea as to how to fix my error?

montitech
01-11-2007, 06:00 AM
I still haven't recieved an update for the game. Alot of the decorations are gone, but there are no minigames, and the fourth floor isn't fully open. :'( Anyone got an idea as to how to fix my error?

Did you finish all your choures???
That happened to me in December when I had not finished all my chores, it did not give me the new stuff till after I finished all my chores.

podpazie
01-11-2007, 06:45 AM
Did you finish all your choures???
That happened to me in December when I had not finished all my chores, it did not give me the new stuff till after I finished all my chores.

Monty :-/yeah, and I was even able to do 3 old adventures with Bloo. It updated for me this morning, thanks for your help though ;)

Zim999
01-11-2007, 07:44 AM
My page is STILL on the blink I need help & fast.

BunnieLebowski
01-11-2007, 08:48 AM
I think all of the flash errors may be occuring because of the new update to the new look. The log in page is different as is the animation surrounding the game. The new log in page tells what the new adventures and prizes are and the exact dates of the next updates.

montitech
01-11-2007, 02:27 PM
I think all of the flash errors may be occuring because of the new update to the new look. The log in page is different as is the animation surrounding the game. The new log in page tells what the new adventures and prizes are and the exact dates of the next updates.

Wow, it does look a lot better,
They did not have the new login page up earlier when I logged in.

montitech
01-12-2007, 05:58 AM
OK I do not know if others have experiencing this, but, When I follow the link on CN BFAHP does not load, it goes right to a "error please reload"

THe way I get past this is to use the following url to start BFAHP and it makes a difference for me to logon, does this help anyone else having issues logging in to BFAHP or is it just me.

http://awesomehouseparty.com/house/home.jsp?startPoint=animation&useBuffer=true
awesomehouseparty.com/house/home.jsp?startPoint=animation&useBuffer=true

Carlaz
01-12-2007, 10:17 AM
OK I do not know if others have experiencing this, but, When I follow the link on CN BFAHP does not load, it goes right to a "error please reload"

THe way I get past this is to use the following url to start BFAHP and it makes a difference for me to logon, does this help anyone else having issues logging in to BFAHP or is it just me.

http://awesomehouseparty.com/house/home.jsp?startPoint=animation&useBuffer=true
awesomehouseparty.com/house/home.jsp?startPoint=animation&useBuffer=true

I've been having trouble logging in this week.
I'll try the URL you posted. Thanks.

Zim999
01-14-2007, 06:01 PM
I'm still getting errors trying to log in & I even took the shockwave out & put it back in but nothing worked. Anyone have any ideas?

Sparky
01-14-2007, 06:28 PM
I was having problems too (I use Firefox). I just planned on trying IE next time.

Zim999
01-15-2007, 07:24 AM
I use IE but nothing work I don't even get e-mail replys from them cause there so slow, on Saterday I found out it wasn't the shockwave it was the site, I hope they fix it today.