PDA

View Full Version : Ben 10

Crash-N-Cortex
01-06-2007, 07:46 PM
I not sure there's a thread about this, but I'm sure you know about Ben 10 that shows on Cartoon Network.

Ben 10 is one of my other favorite cartoon shows. I like Ben Tennyson and how he has a watch that transforms him into different aliens. I like to watch this show mostly to find out which aliens he'll use.

Currently Ben can transform into Four Arms, Grey Matter, Upgrade, Wildmutt, Heat Blast, Stinkfly, Diamond Head, XLR8, Ripjaws, Cannonbolt, and Wildvine.

The show is already in it's third season and Ben is going get new aliens. I'm currently waiting for the next Ben 10 to air.

some guy you dont know
01-06-2007, 07:54 PM
I not sure there's a thread about this, but I'm sure you know about Ben 10 that shows on Cartoon Network.

well, if your sure theres a thread about this, why make another?

Ben 10 is one of my other favorite cartoon shows. I like Ben Tennyson and how he has a watch that transforms him into different aliens. I like to watch this show mostly to find out which aliens he'll use. yeah, thats a cool part of the show

Currently Ben can transform into Four Arms, Grey Matter, Upgrade, Wildmutt, Heat Blast, Stinkfly, Diamond Head, XLR8, Ripjaws, Cannonbolt, and Wildvine. thats 12. i see an error there. 10 aliens is how they it, yet theres 12.. oh well shouldnt complain

The show is already in it's third season and Ben is going get new aliens. I'm currently waiting for the next Ben 10 to air.well, have fun with that

One Radical Dude
01-06-2007, 08:04 PM
well, if your sure theres a thread about this, why make another?

Um, he never said he was sure, and I don't remember anyone else doing a Ben 10 topic. From what I've seen, it's not a bad series. I'll admit that I haven't really followed it lately.

Crash-N-Cortex
01-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Currently Ben has 11 forms now. Ghostfreak managed to escape from the Omintrix in the Ben10 episode "Ghostfreaked Out".

Mr. Marshmallow
01-06-2007, 08:27 PM
I actually really enjoy this show and I'm glad because despite the fact it ultimately became Teen Titans replacement and IS a super hero show anyway, I think it's one of the most original plots and stories I've heard in a while on TV.

The concept of the alien watch is brilliant and the show's aliens are certainly far from bland. There unique, there powerful, and they keep evolving as the show does. Ben 10 started out sloppy for me in the beginning of the first season.

It was suffering from poor dialouge and cliche situations, but they've evolved with impressive episodes in season 2 and seriously stepped up the "creativity" bar by keeping new ideas freshly mixed in with old returning characters.

I really hope the show continues to do well, and regardless of the fact I'm 22 and watch a kids super hero show, I still enjoy it every chance I can watch it. :terrence: Just wish the show would lay off the male bashing (Ben) once in a while.

Invader Bloo
01-06-2007, 09:49 PM
I watch, if it has Richard Horvitz in it (the voice of Grey, if that's the small alien's name), I'll watch it! The show's much better than that Toonami, Miguzi or Classof300 crap.

Crash-N-Cortex
01-10-2007, 09:27 PM
I watch Ben 10 whenever it's comes on. Heat Blast, Four Arms, Grey Matter, XLR8, Wildmutt, and Upgrade are my favorite aliens. The villains I like in the show are Kevin 11 and Vilgax. What I like about this show is Ben using four or more alien forms, also I like the fact that whenever Ben tries to turn into an alien he wants the Omnitrix malfunctions causing Ben to change into a different alien rather than the one he wants(For example: Ben wants to turn into Four Arms, but the Omnitrix malfunctions causing Ben to turn into Grey Matter). Grey Matter is often the alien Ben becomes due to an Omnitrix malfunction. The Omnitrix doesn't malfunction all the time, Ben can still become the alien he wants to be, he just doesn't know when the Omnitrix is going to malfunction since it was prototype.

frankie_fan
06-07-2007, 10:20 PM
I do enjoy the show.

Although I hate to 'bash' Mr. M (and I really don't want to! :(), Gwen is my favourite on the show (Ben's my second-favourite). As for aliens, Diamondhead and Heatblast are my favourites.

emperor26
06-08-2007, 05:13 AM
Currently Ben has 11 forms now. Ghostfreak managed to escape from the Omintrix in the Ben10 episode "Ghostfreaked Out".

About that...

Ben re-obtain Ghostfreak in the season 3 episode "Be Afraid Of The Dark".

Also, Ben actually has 16 forms as of season 3.

Mr. Marshmallow
06-08-2007, 09:34 AM
I'm actually really looking forward to more episodes of Ben 10 ESPECIALLY after "Be afraid of the dark". Ben's got loads of new aliens, and with that new ability to obtain any DNA from any alien that touches the omnitrix, I have a feeling were going to see him start obtaining a hell of a lot more.

I just wonder how the creators are going to keep use with using all of these new alien forms. I assumed the original reason that Ghostfreak exited the watch and was killed was because they needed to make room for the newer aliens Cannonbolt and Wild Vine in order to keep the watch's alien count close to 10.

But now they got Benwolf, Boltneck, Astro Mummy, Upchuck etc. This is alot of aliens to take in, plus don't forget in "Ben 10,000" Ben has even MORE alien forms and I bet you anything the newer ones that appeared in that episode are going to show up as well. I just wish they'd explain more things bout the watch.

And now that Gwen and Max are becoming more "team go" like, I'm seriously concerned the shows level of "Ben bashing" will increase which is my biggest complaint about the show :(. Even if Ben wasn't my favorite character, it really bothers me when a shows running gag is just finding new ways to make one character suffer and become the butt of everyone else's joke.

emperor26
06-11-2007, 06:39 PM
BTW, does anyone know when the next season will start?

frankie_fan
06-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Not sure.

Anyway, hopefully this is Ben 10 related, but Alex Winter (Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure) is now filming the live-action movie.

Graham Phillips (Evan Almighty) will be Ben, Haley Ramm (Yours, Mine & Ours) will be Gwen and Christien Anholt (TV's Relic Hunter) will be Eon. I don't know who's playing Grandpa Max, though.

Mr. Marshmallow
06-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Where did you hear this casting information because I would LOVE to hear more about this. I heard about the guy from Bill and Ted filming the LIVE Ben 10 movie, and as much as I love this show I am still kind of dreading this project.

I know this movie won't be in theaters so that leaves me to assume that it is going to be played on CN as a live movie like they did with the god awful "Re-Animated" so that to me leaves me very, very concerned.

I'm hoping the special effects in the movie are not going to be like Re-Animated because if they are, then the movie is just gonna be a tanking turd as far as I am concerned. I would have really rather liked to see a Ben 10 movie in theaters.

But since that's not going to happen anytime soon, I'll wait and pray this one doesn't suck. However, I still would like to know more about these casting details.

EDIT

Never mind, i saw where you got the info, from IMDB.com. But now i got another problem, who the hell is Eon?

Ccook50
06-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Related item: Ben 10 won an Emmy a couple of weeks ago in the Creative Arts Ceremony of the Daytime Emmy awards (or, more accurately, the Soap Opera Suck-Up Awards). Thomas Perkins was the recipient for character design on the show.

emperor26
07-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Is anyone looking forward to the first Ben 10 movie coming out next month?

Basically, the plot has Ben unintentionally activating the self-destruction sequence within the Omnitrix, and to stop it, he, Grandpa Max and Gwen goes to outer space, searching the galaxy for the one being to save Ben: the creator of the Omnitrix.

This sounds interesting, since I always wonder the origin of the Omnitrix, and also, I hope it has the same feeling it has from the show.

Hopefully, this is good as the show itself.

Bloo2daMacs
07-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Wait, wait, wait. LIVE ACTION BEN TEN MOVIE?!!

That... sounds pretty weird. I, like Mr. M, sure as hell hope this doesn't suck. I mean, if it's not made right, it could suck REALLY bad. I see promise from the animated movie emperoro mentioned though. This could solve many questions.

NocturnLeader
07-11-2007, 06:21 PM
I only heard about the Omnirix Movie thats coming to CN. I didn't hear about a Live action Movie !

(its going to be Teenage Turtles all over again!)

First the cartoon series then movies then it'll be cancelled... ARGGG!

Mr. Marshmallow
07-11-2007, 11:20 PM
The animated movie sounds much more ear catching considering it's gonna drop some MAJOR story details on Ben 10, and it'll be nice to see how CN treats their show to its first big time movie just like with Fosters, Camp Lazlo and etc.

I'm curious to seeing a Ben 10 LIVE movie, but again I would have much rather seen it on the big screen with professionals taking care of it, Hell, semi professionals would even make me feel better.

For such a big time CGI effect necessary movie, I find it hard to put much faith or stock in quality results from the same company that spawned "Re-animated". But still, I'll feel better once I see some pictures or a trailer of sorts.

AerostarMonk
07-12-2007, 05:54 AM
Practical effects can go a long way. I'd rather they opt for some old Harryhausen and Tippet style magic than cheap SciFi Original Movie CGI. And the fanbase at this point is way too small for a bigscreen film.

FeDeReR
07-16-2007, 05:16 AM
i think ben 10 is cool but he has more then 10 heros! and i think the right name would be just ben hero or something ... ;)

frankie_fan
08-13-2007, 07:20 PM
The film is now in post-production, and the cast are as follows (I'm just going by what's on IMDB):

Graham Phillips (Evan Almighty) - Ben
Harley Ramm (Yours, Mine & Ours) - Gwen
Lee Majors (yes, the Six Million Dollar Man himself) - Grandpa Max
Robert Picardo (TV's Stargate Atlantis) - Principle White
Aloma Wright (TV's Scrubs) - Mrs Dalton
Tyler Patrick Jones (Yours, Mine & Ours) - Cash
Christien Anholt (TV's Relic Hunter) - Eon
Tyler Foden - JT
Jeff Jensen (who'll also be one of the stuntmen on this movie) - Mr Hawkins

Also, the title has changed to Ben 10: Race Against Time. Before, it was Ben 10 and the Hands of Armageddon.

Lynnie
08-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Most fascinating! A live-action movie based on a cartoon? I don't recall this being done before, with the exception of the Scooby Doo movies. It has the potential to be really cool, I'm sure. I don't know if I'll ever watch it, since I don't really watch Ben 10, but it still looks interesting. I hope it turns out to everyone's expectations! :cheesegrin:

edit: My brain isn't working today... LOL!! There's also Superman movies, and Spiderman, and Batman, and oh yeah, a little movie out right now with a bunch of yellow people... Ok, I take that back. There have been LOTS of movies based on cartoons. *blushing, and hiding her face*

frankie_fan
08-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Most fascinating! A live-action movie based on a cartoon? I don't recall this being done before, with the exception of the Scooby Doo movies. It has the potential to be really cool, I'm sure. I don't know if I'll ever watch it, since I don't really watch Ben 10, but it still looks interesting. I hope it turns out to everyone's expectations! :cheesegrin:

edit: My brain isn't working today... LOL!! There's also Superman movies, and Spiderman, and Batman, and oh yeah, a little movie out right now with a bunch of yellow people... Ok, I take that back. There have been LOTS of movies based on cartoons. *blushing, and hiding her face*

Inspector Gadget was another one, and the second one was better than the first one, since all that did to me was introduce me to opening logos and title sequences in movies.

Lynnie
08-13-2007, 07:52 PM
With how obsessed my sis was in crushing over Matthew Brodrick a number of years ago, how on earth could I have forgotten IG?? I think my brain has officially called it quits for the day. *still blushing, and hiding her face, and laughing nervously*

Oh, and also Garfield! And now Bratz, and wasn't there also...

Ok, I need to go to bed now... :herrsleep:

Mr. Marshmallow
08-13-2007, 09:21 PM
The film is now in post-production, and the cast are as follows (I'm just going by what's on IMDB):

Graham Phillips (Evan Almighty) - Ben
Harley Ramm (Yours, Mine & Ours) - Gwen
Lee Majors (yes, the Six Million Dollar Man himself) - Grandpa Max
Robert Picardo (TV's Stargate Atlantis) - Principle White
Aloma Wright (TV's Scrubs) - Mrs Dalton
Tyler Patrick Jones (Yours, Mine & Ours) - Cash
Christien Anholt (TV's Relic Hunter) - Eon
Tyler Foden - JT
Jeff Jensen (who'll also be one of the stuntmen on this movie) - Mr Hawkins

Also, the title has changed to Ben 10: Race Against Time. Before, it was Ben 10 and the Hands of Armageddon.

Additional info on the movie, if anyone here actually watched the premiere of Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix, then you'll have gotten your first look at the LIVE Ben 10 movie. They show a fast, flashing series of images and scenes from the film. Its hard to make out but here's what i think I saw:

- LIVE Ben
- LIVE Gwen
- Heatblast throwing a fireball at the screen
- A sea of fire surrounding a bunch of creatures in brown robes
- Ben/Gwen at school with a bunch of kids
- A blue skinned alien in a plastic helmet with lights and a dark rim (possibly a LIVE XLR8.

Not sure if any of this I saw is accurate to what they actually are but it's the best I recall. I'm a bit more hopeful about this movie then I was before and it should be VERY interesting once it airs this fall. I think some of the effects may end up looking campy and crappy but some of it looks pretty good.

EDIT

Check this out!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sq-dHylPUw

emperor26
08-14-2007, 06:03 AM
Normally, I look forward to Ben 10, but the live-action film is one I'm going to pass.

My reason?

CN decided to make it live-action and NOT animated instead. I mean, what is CN thinking?!?

It's bad enough that Re-Animated is around (including its spin-off), but I can't imagine myself watching this.

I just can't.

In general, I have no intention on watching this film nor saying how bad it is (since I haven't seen it myself).

antgirl1
08-15-2007, 07:32 PM
In all honesty, I don't really care for this show, (maybe because it's the Teen Titans replacement) or the Omitrix movie (Yes I watched most of it to humor the crew of the show)...and the live-action movie? Words cannot express how annoyed I am.

frankie_fan
08-15-2007, 07:50 PM
EDIT

Check this out!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sq-dHylPUw

That looks interesting. I managed to get a good glimpse of Ben, but I'm not too sure about Gwen. I didn't get to see her clearly.

Mr. Marshmallow
08-16-2007, 03:29 PM
In truth, I honestly thought very little or very negatively of this Live Ben 10 movie. It sounded so utterly stupid and moronic I didn't even want to bother taking a look at it. I frankly feel CN is putting too much focus on these "TV movies" of their shows, I miss the old days when toon shows got on screen.

I remember when the likes of Powerpuff girls, Power rangers, and Batman the animated series got movies on the big screen. I loved it when they did that because it was such an amazing expierence to see the shows I loved on a big movie screen, plus it helped introduce the series to many new potential fans.

But now they just slap everything direct-to-DVD or on TV and it really pisses me off. I think Ben 10 should have gone to the big screen, animated or LIVE and then go from there. Ben 10 could have been an amazing film in proper RL, however, I do feel that the new live movie does sound very interesting.

The prospect of seeing toons brought to life is always neat to me, and I'm VERY curious to see Ben's parents for the first time. Some things look good like casting the original 6 Million dollar man actor as Grandpa Max, and the look of Heatblast in CGI. However, that possible live XLR8 looks kinda bad.

So it's kind of a mixed bag for me. I'm not expecting a lot from this movie, but I feel a bit better about it now then i did before. I just worry some of the aliens won't translate well to RL on CN's pitiful budget after seeing their god awful "Re-animated". But we'll wait and see, I won't knock it until I see it.

By the way, in related Ben 10 movie news, I LOVED secret of the omnitrix and aside from a nagging plothole problem with a certain villain character, I thought it was a kick ass movie that answered a lot of questions and truly put on one hell of a good show.

Shelltoon
08-16-2007, 08:24 PM
I think the reason most of them go to DVD or TV is because of the fact that people have become so attached to 3D animation, that all forms of 2D animation are considered obsolete and nobody would want to see it because of that. It's either that, or the performance of the PPG movie that put off CN. Overall, that movie made $11,411,644 at the box office.

emperor26
08-17-2007, 06:18 AM
I think the reason most of them go to DVD or TV is because of the fact that people have become so attached to 3D animation, that all forms of 2D animation are considered obsolete and nobody would want to see it because of that. It's either that, or the performance of the PPG movie that put off CN. Overall, that movie made $11,411,644 at the box office.

I know this is off topic, but the Simpsons Movie is 2-D animation, and it made 311 million dollars world wide.

Back to the topic, I just hope that the sequel series, Generation Heroes, is animated, and not live-action.

Robert
08-20-2007, 03:14 PM
In all honesty, I don't really care for this show, (maybe because it's the Teen Titans replacement).

Where do people get their facts from? I always here how a show replaced another but they are at different time slots and the new show was shown long after the old show was canceled not a week or two after.

Mr. Marshmallow
08-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Ben 10 is NOT a Ten Titans replacement. They may have a writer or a animator or 2 working on that show, but that does not make it a replacement show in anyway. The shows both focus on super heroes but Ben 10 follows a much more different aim and style then Teen Titans or the other DC cartoon shows.

The plot is original and much more elaborate then any storyline Titans had ever come up with, and the show is CLEARLY much younger based then Titans did. Titans had some real mature episodes from time to time. To me, Ben 10 is a show in and of itself and I don't see it as a Titans knock off or replacement.

frankie_fan
10-01-2007, 08:15 PM
www.ben10.com (http://www.ben10.com)

The link above contains a short behind-the-scenes look at the live action film.

frankie_fan
08-16-2010, 08:17 PM
An AGES old thread that I need to resurrect just so I can ask:

I've been thinking about getting the movie Ben 10: Secret of the Ominitrix on DVD for quite a bit. But I just want to know: TV Tropes 'labels' this as the Grand Finale movie, meaning that this is the Ben 10 finale before the Alien Force series. If this is the case, does it tie any loose ends and end with a satisfying conclusion?