PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney Pictures 2006 Logo

frankie_fan
01-06-2007, 05:58 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Waltdisneypictureslogo.png

The link above is the image, while the link below is the video. I know people might not be interested in a thread about a company logo, but this is such a wonderful logo. It's my 2nd all-time favourite, my #1 being Warner Bros.

Animated by New Zealand's Weta Digital, with music composed by Mark Mancina (Tarzan), this was introduced in 2006 with Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, and I really love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIVSYhuuPU0

So, any reviews? Love it, hate it? Prefer the old logo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Walt_Disney_Pictures_Old_Logo.JPG)? Talk about it here!

some guy you dont know
01-06-2007, 06:01 PM
new logo. way cooler than old one. ok im done here

Medikor
01-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Wow! That really captures the magic of Disney. I love it.:D

WiltFan
01-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Yeah, I love the new logo. :D But I love the old one just the same. :) I don't know why, I just do, lol.

Voxxyn
01-06-2007, 06:21 PM
It's very wonderful. :frankiesmile:

podpazie
01-06-2007, 06:33 PM
I feel really sentimental towards the old logo and hate to see it go. It was so simpllistic, but yet sumated the whimsy and magic of Disney. I'm sure it will take me years to get used to the new one. I also wonder how easily the new logo will be transfered onto print ad.

Nyo
01-06-2007, 07:08 PM
I like the new one.

One Radical Dude
01-06-2007, 08:09 PM
I have mixed feelings over the logo. The old one will definitely be missed. The new one, however, is a nice update. The logo doesn't matter as much as the quality stuff Disney produces.

Invader Bloo
01-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Which besides POTC & Pixar's parthas been crap since after Brother Bear (of course all other movies in the '00s beside that Emperor's New Groove &Lilo&Stitch that made on their own sucks as well).:jk:

Medikor
01-07-2007, 05:23 AM
Lilo and Stitch was a fun little move. But Disney definetly needs to make another movie on the same scale of grateness as Lion King. Disney just hasant felt the same after the new millenium...

HappyFoppy
01-07-2007, 06:57 AM
Umm, it's kinda getting off-topic.

As for the logo: I'm sorta with podpazie, to be honest. It's too detailed to be really good. It's nice, of course, but not as a logo. They should still insert the old one.

billytheskink
01-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Umm, it's kinda getting off-topic.

As for the logo: I'm sorta with podpazie, to be honest. It's too detailed to be really good. It's nice, of course, but not as a logo. They should still insert the old one.
agree.

The the new logo is not the answer to Disney's woes. Even their halfway decent films of the past 7 years have tanked at the box office.

Carlaz
01-08-2007, 04:58 AM
I have mixed feelings over the logo. The old one will definitely be missed. The new one, however, is a nice update. The logo doesn't matter as much as the quality stuff Disney produces.

Well stated ORD! :) These are my feelings as well regarding the logo change.

Howard
01-08-2007, 07:25 AM
Disney spent a lot of moolah for such a logo - I hope the quality of the animation will be about the same.:frankiesmile: