PDA

View Full Version : Afro Samurai

emperor26
01-05-2007, 05:47 AM
Has anyone seen this anime that aired on Spike TV last night?

Well, from what I saw, it is very amazing and original, especially the plot, design and setting of the show, and aside from the mix of action and hip-hop, it was simply one of my favorite anime to watch.:bloogrin

One Radical Dude
01-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Not exactly sure what to think of it after one episode. I definitely like the art and animation of the series, that's one thing I like. I'll watch again for the next episode.

taranchula
01-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Hey it had Ron Pearlman and Samuel L. Jackson, so this was certainly worth a moment of my time. To me it came across like a cross between Ninja Scroll and Samurai Champloo. I just wonder if it will have more staying power then Spike's "other" attempts at Adult animation back in 2003.

Medikor
01-06-2007, 05:11 PM
I just wonder if it will have more staying power then Spike's "other" attempts at Adult animation back in 2003.

I miss Gary the Rat. I still have some episodes of it on tape (thank goodness) and I've started watching Harvey Birdman, Atorny at Law to try and fill the gap.
I watched the first episode of Afro Samurai just to see why it would cost a million dollors per episode and I soon found out. The show looks gorgeous and Sam Jackson alone would certainly cost a pretty penny. I enjoyed what I saw because I didant appoach it as skepicaly as I normally would and I got a good laugh out of its over the top style. That's really saying something since I normally hate shows like that (Kill Bill 1&2, Hero ect) with a passion.8D

megatron01
01-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Very good anime. Well done, Spike TV!

billytheskink
01-19-2007, 04:25 PM
It's a mediocre show. Doesn't really stand out from any other non-annoying anime. I have a friend who thinks its the greatest thing ever, though.