PDA

View Full Version : James Brown died!

Partymember
12-25-2006, 10:00 AM
OMG! I just saw it on BBC.com. I am devastated!

pitbulllady
12-25-2006, 12:55 PM
I just saw that on Yahoo News when I got home from my sister's house. I couldn't believe it at first, like when I found out that Steve Irwin had been killed, but sadly, it's true. I just saw last night on our local news where he wa in the hospital, but he'd still taped his annual Christmas message to his fellow South Carolinians, which has been broadcast every Christmas Eve on our local NBC affiliate. He seemed in really good spirits, in spite of being in the hospital, and did not seem at all frail, and doctors were hopeful he'd make a fast recovery. It is just such a sad damper on what's supposed to be a happy day. He will be greatly missed, not only by fans of his music, but by the people of our state.

pitbulllady

One Radical Dude
12-25-2006, 01:03 PM
I couldn't believe what I read, either. It was a complete surprise to me. :( My father got to see him perform several years ago at a local festival. He was such a great performer. RIP, James Brown.

Partymember
12-25-2006, 01:53 PM
i'm shocked still. I checked to see if anyone had started a thread and i saw they hadn't so i had to check BBC again to see if i read it right, i was blown away. The guy was like Frank Frazetta, i didn't think he'd ever die...of course, i thought that about my late grandfather so that isn't a good indication, but i'm still sort of out of it. We love you James!

Carlaz
12-25-2006, 07:21 PM
:o Thanks for posting this. I hadn't heard this sad news yet. :(

some guy you dont know
12-25-2006, 07:23 PM
ok, i know im an idiot, and ill probably get hit for saying this, but whos james brown? all i know is hes some famous guy who died. (no i dont really keep up with this kind of stuff)

Carlaz
12-25-2006, 07:27 PM
ok, i know im an idiot, and ill probably get hit for saying this, but whos james brown? all i know is hes some famous guy who died. (no i dont really keep up with this kind of stuff)

Very famous soul singer. Here's a link:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/12/25/obit.brown/

Jabberwocky
12-25-2006, 07:38 PM
This makes me so sad. D: I had just heard him on the radio before I found out too. I saw it on netscape and I was like... watnohejustsangformeNOOOO. Gah. What is it about this month?!

YuckieDuck
12-26-2006, 02:10 AM
I like the song "I Feel Good". Rest in peace, James.

Voxxyn
12-26-2006, 07:00 AM
R.I.P, man. :(

"C" the Dragon
12-26-2006, 07:12 AM
I never heard of him, and yes, I read the article that Carlaz gave out, but I do know he's one heck of a popular guy!:wiltshock:

Howard
12-26-2006, 08:02 AM
I put in my Blues Brothers DVD and watched the scene where James played the reverend and sang. That is where Jake "saw the light.":frankiesmile:

koosie
12-26-2006, 08:09 AM
I lost count of the times I've looking through people's record collection getting more and more desparate and then like a miracle there's James Brown's greatest hits and pretty soon everyone without exception is high on that incredible infectious energy. Welcome to the hall of heroes, James Brown.

Tonya
12-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Peace to the Godfather of Soul.

Sievers
02-19-2007, 05:45 AM
yeah i've read it in the newspaper time ago.
it's so sad. the world has loose another of their greatest :(

HappyFoppy
02-19-2007, 10:50 PM
I've heard it too... RIP James Brown. I never really heard any songs of him, but I know he was popular...:(

Sievers
02-20-2007, 05:16 AM
I don't know much of the songs,too.

but my favourite and one of his best i think is S*x machine from the 60's or 50's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__eOCQrxnDM