PDA

View Full Version : lol family guy

some guy you dont know
12-19-2006, 05:12 PM
im sure you all know what family guy is. and its hilarious. whats your favorite episode? id have to say the one where peter got a vescetomy and bertum was born. hilarious.

on a side note: the episode "mother tucker" made me laugh. mostly because 97.1 is my local rock station, and my favorite radio station. i always laugh during the scenes.

Voxxyn
12-19-2006, 05:43 PM
I'm more of a Simpsons person, but I enjoy watching the ocassional Family Guy episode on Adult Swim.

My favorite gag(I forgot the episode it was from) was when they showed crudely-drawn versions of the characters as a swipe at the original Simpsons shorts on The Tracey Ullman Show. I nearly died laughing. 8D

some guy you dont know
12-19-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm more of a Simpsons person, but I enjoy watching the ocassional Family Guy episode on Adult Swim.

My favorite gag(I forgot the episode it was from) was when they showed crudely-drawn versions of the characters as a swipe at the original Simpsons shorts on The Tracey Ullman Show. I nearly died laughing. 8D

that was funny. i forget what episode it was too. but the stewie with an australlian accent was hilarious

Sparky
12-19-2006, 06:20 PM
I don't think I have a favorite ep, but I do love the show. I'll never forget the guy at the last Comic Con who was walking around the place with a giant sign that said "FAMILY GUY ISN'T FUNNY." Get a life, dude! ::) Watch it or don't, leave the rest of us alone.

I also have that Live at Las Vegas cd. That's good stuff.

Jabberwocky
12-19-2006, 06:38 PM
My little brothers LOVE it, so I've seen the first four seasons against my will. I do like it though. My favorite gag is the episode where Chris gets pulled into the A-Ha video while grocery shopping. That was SO random. 8D

CoolwHip!

WiltFan
12-19-2006, 06:59 PM
My little brothers LOVE it, so I've seen the first four seasons against my will. I do like it though. My favorite gag is the episode where Chris gets pulled into the A-Ha video while grocery shopping. That was SO random. 8D

CoolwHip!

I laughed so hard during that scene.8D I love how Chris was all freaked out afterwards. xD

One Radical Dude
12-19-2006, 07:57 PM
I don't think I have a favorite ep, but I do love the show. I'll never forget the guy at the last Comic Con who was walking around the place with a giant sign that said "FAMILY GUY ISN'T FUNNY." Get a life, dude! ::) Watch it or don't, leave the rest of us alone.

I thought it was stupid, now that you mentioned it. When I saw it (I vaguely remember seeing that), I just kinda shrugged my shoulders at the time and ignored it. Some folks just want attention, and that dude likely got enough of it.

frankie_fan
12-19-2006, 08:24 PM
My favourite episode is definately Model Misbehaviour from Season 4. My favourite gag is when Peter gets an e-mail from Lois' father and gets punched from the computer screen!! 8D 8D That was hilarious!! That is from the episode Screwed the Pooch

Imaginary Light
12-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Ah, this show is hilarious! I remember the first time I watched it I was just like, "eh..." but then I got so into it! For me, the funniest parts in this show are the completely random and "where-did-that-just-come-form?" moments, like the Chris-getting-pulled-into-the-A-ha-video scene.

taranchula
12-20-2006, 12:13 PM
I used to enjoy this show a lot until Fox cancelled it the first time, then they brought it back and it became really hit or miss IMHO, a lot of the time they try to cram in WAY too many cut away jokes and rely on just repeating the same bits from episode to episode, in fact some weeks I find it has been outclassed by it's sister program, American Dad. (Of course the latter has the distinct advantage of having Patrick Stewart as a regular guest star.)

Invader Bloo
12-21-2006, 11:09 AM
Yeah, the tracey Ullman Simpsons parody was great, my favorite as South Park calls them (& apparently the FG crew now too) "Manatee Gags" are the one when Peter is the Tuan Taun Han Solo cuts up & then he says "Nah, your'e just cutting the fat" & when Stewie is coming home & he runs over Homer Simpson then Peter comes out & syas "Who the he** is that guy?". PTV is my favorite episode.

Nyo
12-22-2006, 11:14 AM
I'm more of a Simpsons person.

Agreed.

Nevertheless, this is a good show, and I'll watch it every now and then when I'm bored.

I nearly die laughing when Stewie has one of his "sexy parties". :P

kageri
12-22-2006, 11:36 AM

CoolwHip!

"Chris, where have you been?"

"I don't know! D:"

Anyhoo, I agree with taranchula.... while I can't say I've seen too much of Family Guy (I usually catch it on Adult Swim while waiting for something else) I do often find it funny (despite the flat characterization, but I've got other shows for three-dimensional characters). Now it's mostly cut-away gags and "Meg is ugly" jokes.

Invader Bloo
12-22-2006, 01:01 PM
Agreed.

Nevertheless, this is a good show, and I'll watch it every now and then when I'm bored.

I nearly die laughing when Stewie has one of his "sexy parties". :P

I am too, Simpsons will always dominate Family Guy & any other "adult" cartoon.

Medikor
12-24-2006, 03:06 AM
I love the the Simpsons but I also love Family Guy and American Dad. I would have to say that my favorite gags in FG are any that involve Adam West!

"I almost enjoyed that as much as I love taffie, and I'm a man who enjoys his taffie. *takes a bite oh taffie* Mmmmmm... ooohhhhhh.... hhhhhuuuuuuuuhhhhh... hhhoooooooohhh..." 8D

taranchula
12-24-2006, 07:45 AM
Yeah anything involving Mayor Adam West is comic gold. IMHO.

Mayor Adam West: Today we are here to honor Joe Swanson for pulling my poor one-eyed cat Bootsie out of the old stove pipe of my Grandmother's cabin.[Guy standing behind mayor west hits him on the back of the head with a stick.] Joe Swanson won the special people's decathlon and we're here to honor him.

frankie_fan
12-25-2006, 07:19 PM
Another of my favourite moments:

'Oh man, this is even more intense that that time I forgot how to sit down!' - Peter Griffin 8D

L.G.
08-03-2008, 06:37 PM
I've watched Family Guy since it first aired in 1999, but I was oblivious to all the adult jokes. Now I understand them and get more out of the show. I'd say "PTV" is my favorite episode: anyone who pokes fun at excessive censorship always puts me in a better mood. I'll admit that the show lately does not always leave me laughing constantly, but occasionally it will.

With the 2005 revival, I joined the official forums for Family Guy (the format was similar to this forum). Over time, it deteriorated: moderators stopped showing up frequently if at all, no avatars to begin with, and hardly any new members would stick around. The worst part was all the spam: it was rampant, and some contained links to explicitly sexual sites. Often, a spam thread's title was the link itself, and they would crowd the legitimate threads.

Recently, Fox decided to close the old forums and clean it...or so I thought. After a couple of weeks passed, Jackie Khones and I decided to look at other forums, Family Guy focused or otherwise. Before the closure, I discovered this forum. Once Family Guy's was closed, I joined Foster's, and shortly after, so did Jackie. I later learned from a former member of the old FG forums that Fox permanently closed the infested forum and started a new forum on the updated Family Guy official site. Ultimately, I decided to stay here.

Invader Bloo
08-07-2008, 06:42 PM
My new favorite episode is the ;80s one.
Heh heh heh heh, heh heh heh heh heh, heh heh heheh & then another heh heh heh heh heh.