PDA

View Full Version : CG's Holiday Pictures

CG
12-15-2006, 05:22 PM
I've got a series on the way, Frankie, Mac & Bloo, Eduardo, Wilt and Coco all in Christmas garb celebrating the holidays.

First up is Frankie, of whom Cassini had the pleasure of witnessing just how she was drawn out and inked.

A Very Frankie Christmas (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/44797870/)

Next up, hopefully Eduardo.

Cassini90125
12-15-2006, 05:24 PM
And my thanks for letting me watch. She looks wonderful. :-*

Carlaz
12-15-2006, 06:20 PM
She's very pretty! :frankiesmile:

CG
12-15-2006, 09:44 PM
Eduardos Gentle Snow Storm. (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/44808751/)

Eduardo 'n Chewy out for a walk. D'aw.

Voxxyn
12-15-2006, 10:30 PM
I... really dislike that rendition of Frankie, to be honest.

It's very well-drawn from a technical standpoint; the Santa suit and the hair are great. But the look you gave Frankie isn't at all the Frankie that I know and love. The glammed-up face, blatant cleavage and overall "celebrity supermodel" appearance just ruins it. It completely lacks the warmth and genuineness that attracted me to her in the first place. In fact, reading what you said on the description of Ed's card(which I liked infinitely more), it REALLY disheartens me that you thought it necessary to be racy with Frankie's Christmas portrayal in the first place.

PBL's first-time rendition of Frankie in her Christmas card was also different from the actual Frankie, specifically the face. However, I still liked that one because despite the differences, it still kept the overall essence to Frankie's character. This... isn't Frankie to me at all.

Sorry if I upset you, but that's how I honestly feel. Again, I enjoyed Ed's card, and hope that the others will be good as well.

CG
12-16-2006, 12:21 AM
I figured you wouldn't like it.

No, I knew you wouldn't like it and even braced myself for every negative thing you would say but still.

It's funny. The FIRST time you comment on anything of mine, you're negative towards me. I don't aprpeciate that at all. If you have nothing nice to say to someone, you should keep your mouth shut, and your fingers off the keyboard. You have really hurt me, and I hope you're happy.

Please don't talk to me ever again.

One Radical Dude
12-16-2006, 02:31 AM

It's very well-drawn from a technical standpoint; the Santa suit and the hair are great. But the look you gave Frankie isn't at all the Frankie that I know and love. The glammed-up face, blatant cleavage and overall "celebrity supermodel" appearance just ruins it. It completely lacks the warmth and genuineness that attracted me to her in the first place. In fact, reading what you said on the description of Ed's card(which I liked infinitely more), it REALLY disheartens me that you thought it necessary to be racy with Frankie's Christmas portrayal in the first place.

PBL's first-time rendition of Frankie in her Christmas card was also different from the actual Frankie, specifically the face. However, I still liked that one because despite the differences, it still kept the overall essence to Frankie's character. This... isn't Frankie to me at all.

Sorry if I upset you, but that's how I honestly feel. Again, I enjoyed Ed's card, and hope that the others will be good as well.

You know, I really don't wanna come out as sounding mean or anything, but I must respond. I don't believe that Ceeg wanted any such criticisms from her works, and what you said wasn't even constructive criticism. To me, your comments sound very selfish and maybe arrogant (definitely selfish to me). I say this, because she didn't draw Frankie the way YOU had hoped it would be. Am I wrong here? If you can't say anything nice, then you damn well better not say anything at all. Your words really made CG feel really bad.

Howard
12-16-2006, 06:52 AM
I've got a series on the way, Frankie, Mac & Bloo, Eduardo, Wilt and Coco all in Christmas garb celebrating the holidays.

First up is Frankie, of whom Cassini had the pleasure of witnessing just how she was drawn out and inked.

A Very Frankie Christmas (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/44797870/)

Next up, hopefully Eduardo.

CG, from one artist to another, I really like your rendition of Frankie. It is always nice to see how Frankie looks through different artists; I think that is the beauty of being an artist - you can interpret a character anyway you WANT! I really love what you have here (and I have seen other works of yours), the colors, and the expressions. Who cares what other people think; did you have fun doing this drawing? Did you put love int it? That is all that matters. Keep in coming with more please.:frankiesmile:

pitbulllady
12-16-2006, 07:59 AM
Eduardos Gentle Snow Storm. (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/44808751/)

Eduardo 'n Chewy out for a walk. D'aw.

Awww..earmuffs for doggies! The ones with floppy ears need 'em, too, since those ears DO get cold. Very cute!

pitbulllady

Jabberwocky
12-16-2006, 12:09 PM
Aww! The Eduardo one is TOO CUTE! I love how you draw him! Especially the skull buckle. Hee hee. I wish that design were on a silly holiday t-shirt or tie or something. It's so cute.

"C" the Dragon
12-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Can you do a Wilt one?:D

One Radical Dude
12-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Can you do a Wilt one?:D

She may at some point, but no need to rush.

CG, both pieces are wonderful. :) I hope you continue to do more of these, if you're up to it.

CG
12-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys.

I may have lost the 'flair' to draw as rapidly as I was before Voxxyns words came along but I'm trying to think up what to draw Wilt doing. I already have Coco, Mac 'n Bloo worked out but he's proving difficult.

Carlaz
12-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Aww! The Eduardo one is TOO CUTE! I love how you draw him! Especially the skull buckle. Hee hee. I wish that design were on a silly holiday t-shirt or tie or something. It's so cute.

This is very adorable! :D I agree that it would make a cute clothing design. Wouldn't it be cute as jammies?

CG ~ you hang in there & realize there was only (1) negative response to your Frankie card. I thought Voxxyn's comments were rude & hurtful. I know the words were painful to you. :(

I hope you realize that many of us really enjoy seeing your artwork & reading your fan fic. :smile:

BabyElephant
12-16-2006, 05:49 PM
CG, I love your work. I'd love to see more (obviously, when you feel like doing more, that is). I realize how hurtful negative comments can be, especially when they aren't even constructive, but please know that that opinion is by far in the minority, and most of us here are big fans. ;D

CG
12-16-2006, 05:55 PM
Once again thanks for the words, and I managed to get this done just now.

SnowBlooMan (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/44856603/)

Mac 'n Bloo, plus snow.

BlooCheese
12-16-2006, 06:22 PM
CG, I'd just thought I say I love your artwork, and you're a very talented person.
Art will always have its critics, and those critics may not always give constructive criticism, but don't let that stop you. You are great and thank you for creating these cute cards.

Howard
12-16-2006, 06:49 PM

Mac 'n Bloo, plus snow.

Tis the season to be Orlando! I love it! These are wonderful - my Foster's Holiday piece is becoming a total trainwreck (I might have to resketch)!8D :frankiesmile:

Cassini90125
12-16-2006, 06:51 PM

Mac 'n Bloo, plus snow.

Orlando Snow! I love it! ;D

One Radical Dude
12-16-2006, 07:20 PM
The Orlando Snowman is my favorite so far. :)

Carlaz
12-16-2006, 07:21 PM
Orlando Snow! I love it! ;D

Me too! It's wonderful ~ CG! :bloogrin

Cassini90125
12-16-2006, 07:23 PM
My fav- oh, never mind, you already know. :frankiesmile:

Sumshine 904
12-17-2006, 09:06 AM

Dude, SHUT THE HELL UP. If nothing is perfect for you, then life's a bitch, isn't it? CG, just ignore this selfish person.

Anyway, on a more Christmas spirit, happier note, I love your art, CG! You're the best artist on the forums in my opinion, and I always look forward to seeing your art. My favorite is Eduardo and Chewy, they just look so adorable! And I look forward to Wilt and Coco also. :D

Voxxyn
12-18-2006, 04:55 AM
ORD,

I'm arrogant? 'Arrogant' would be if I ordered CG to redo the drawing to my liking. I didn't intend on being rude, I just wanted to express how much I was disillusioned with how that drawing portrayed Frankie.

I didn't bash her talents as an artist, nor did I resort to personally insulting her. I've liked all the Frankie drawings I've seen from her prior to that one, and I'm enjoying all the other Holiday drawings on this thread. It was just that one piece that I didn't like. I wasn't going to say "I LOVE IT! FRANKIE IS UBER-HAWT!" to something that struck me in a really negative way. But f I truly was that upsetting, I'm sorry.

I hate to bring back up this issue, but I really don't appreciate being called 'arrogant' and made to look like a heartless monster just for being honest.

Sumshine 904
12-18-2006, 08:11 AM
Ah, well, there's an easy explination for all of this.

Don't post something negative in a thread where you don't like thier art! It's only common sence. It keeps the artist happy, the artist's fans happy, and you move on with your life. Very simple.

And yes... You're forgiven.

Cassini90125
12-18-2006, 08:17 AM
Sometimes it takes a great command of language to say nothing. :P

Here's a pic idea; Bloo checks his stocking on Christmas morning and finds Berry in it, waiting for him. :scaryberry:

Sumshine 904
12-18-2006, 08:38 AM
Haha, hm, I might draw that... XD Nah, I'm to lazy at the moment. :D

LaBlooGirl
12-18-2006, 12:50 PM
These are very good. ^_^

WiltFan
12-18-2006, 05:42 PM
These are wonderful! I love them all!:bloogrin

BlooCheese
12-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Here's a pic idea; Bloo checks his stocking on Christmas morning and finds Berry in it, waiting for him. :scaryberry:

If I was Bloo and Berry was actually hiding in my stocking, I'd have a heart attack.

Howard
12-19-2006, 07:47 AM
If I was Bloo and Berry was actually hiding in my stocking, I'd have a heart attack.

I think I would just slit my wrist!8D

Invader Bloo
12-24-2006, 10:34 AM
I liked all of them besides Frankie's. It lookslike Douglas & Adam were aroundFoster's at X-mas time.....:P

taranchula
12-24-2006, 12:33 PM
Awesome effort all around as per usual.

Verity
12-24-2006, 12:52 PM
The Frankie picture is very pretty! Eduardo's is adorable. His horns look fantastic! And Orlando Bloo...8D

Great as usual, CG!

HappyFoppy
12-28-2006, 11:10 PM
I find it great how that 'argument' between Vox and CG is already over (umm, no offense to both if I did by accident in that sentence -_-). It makes me feel like "Wow, we truly are a nice community!".

As for the drawings - I find them wonderful. I like Ed's one the best, likely cuz of Chewy (^^), and Snowlando Bloom must be the most creative idea for a drawing ever.

frankie_fan
01-04-2007, 06:52 PM
That Frankie one made me think of Donna Summer's 'Hot Stuff,' very pretty! :-* I also loved the Mac and Bloo one. 8D I can just imagine Craig bringing in Orlando Snow as Bloo's other alter-ego!