PDA

View Full Version : Episode Discussion: The Big Picture

Partymember
12-15-2006, 03:55 PM
Alright, so this episode ended a little flat, but i thought it was great! They have a Mandy cameo when she returns a bubbly happy IF citing "too happy" as a reason. Also, very funny Wally parody of "Where's Waldo". Looked like a cross between Waldo and Jerry Garcia. Lots of funny Bloo action, saying stuff like "galactic space overlords" and stuff.

When Mac showed the photo album to Frankie and asks "can you explain this?" she says, "EVERYONE had big hair back then" LOL! Even though she would have been born in '84, i LMAO. Leave it to Bloo to figure out the prank.

How'd y'all like it?

Cassini90125
12-15-2006, 04:12 PM
It's not my favorite episode, but it was one of the better ones. The photo album had some useful timeline info (if you're into that kind of stuff) and the photo mystery was intriguing. Oh, and there was that green dress, too. :frankiesmile:

Partymember
12-15-2006, 06:23 PM
oh that dress was AWFUL! She makes anything look good, though. I want to see her in 80's hair, maybe something from Ann or Nancy Wilson on the Bebe le Strange album cover, LOL!

Sparky
12-15-2006, 07:53 PM
When you give her the green dress in BFAHP:

http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/myimages/frankiedress.jpg

I don't remember if I ever posted or used that before. ;)

Voxxyn
12-15-2006, 09:23 PM
It was a good episode. I liked seeing the photo glimpses into the past, as well as Bloo's crazy flashbacks. It was nice to see appearances by both Duchess and Goo.

I liked the green dress itself... but I did NOT like how Frankie's arms were drawn when she wore it. They were almost literally twig-sized, instead of being proportionally normal when she usually has her arms bare. But she still looked cute.

kageri
12-15-2006, 10:08 PM
I liked the green dress itself... but I did NOT like how Frankie's arms were drawn when she wore it. They were almost literally twig-sized, instead of being proportionally normal when she usually has her arms bare. But she still looked cute.

Yeah, I liked the dress too... to be fair, though, her legs are drawn with a striking resemblance to spaghetti noodles pretty much all the time. I see what you mean, though... looking at screengrabs from Frankie My Dear, her arms there are drawn pretty much like normal human arms, getting wider and thinner in all the right places.

Mr. Marshmallow
12-15-2006, 10:24 PM
I never really noticed any differene far as arms width or length or whatever. I too thought the dress was cute, especially the bow in the hair. I always liked those things :frankiesmile:. Wonder everyone refused to talk about it?

I mean, it's not THAT god awful you blew one lousy photo (2 now). You could always reset it up even though Herriman would whine up a storm but still. Seems a waste to let a prank stop you from having a good photo.

Especially since Madame Foster seems to take it very seriously.

fosters home fan
12-15-2006, 10:48 PM
I never really noticed any differene far as arms width or length or whatever. I too thought the dress was cute, especially the bow in the hair. I always liked those things :frankiesmile:. Wonder everyone refused to talk about it?

I mean, it's not THAT god awful you blew one lousy photo (2 now). You could always reset it up even though Herriman would whine up a storm but still. Seems a waste to let a prank stop you from having a good photo.

Especially since Madame Foster seems to take it very seriously.

Even I didn't notice any difference at all. And usually I can note details pretty well.???

Partymember
12-16-2006, 07:03 AM
i think the point was WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T GIVE BLOO ANY IDEAS!!!

I like how Frankie comforted Coco, saying she hated how skinny she was so she set all the scales 10 lbs. higher. When Coco felt better and walked away, Frankie says something to the effect of "i wish that we're true." then takes over eating Coco's comfort food. That was funny. Seriously, though, i think we need to see Frankie with big '80's hair.

Cassini90125
12-16-2006, 07:07 AM
i think the point was WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T GIVE BLOO ANY IDEAS!!!

Sound advice under any circumstances. 8D

Voxxyn
12-17-2006, 03:37 AM
But if Bloo doesn't get any ideas, then he won't go on one of his crazy schemes/adventures... and thus the show becomes nowhere near as funny or entertaining. :bloogrin

Invader Bloo
12-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Yeah, leaving about 90% of the shoiw to be boring. :D
CN seems to air this every month wearing it for menow. :(

CG
12-17-2006, 12:02 PM
Of course me being the Eduardo fangirl of the forum I must say I liked how he and Duchess interacted with each other. They hardly use Duchess but this time, I'm glad they did since she had a nice thing going trying to make Eduardo look 'beautiful' (aka hideous) just so she'd look better. But alas, no rest for the wicked.

YuckieDuck
01-07-2007, 12:47 AM
This was a funny episode. I liked the part where Duchess made Eduardo beautiful and everyone was shocked when they saw him. Also, it was funny how Bloo knew that the imaginary friend who made pranks in the photos was named Wally ("He looks like a Wally!"). By the way, I saw the credits today. Have you seen them?

LaBloo
01-07-2007, 01:58 PM
This is So Funny. Wilt Already Knows the what happened, but thoght it was a secret. And The Weird part is that picture shows that it's 6 Pm on the pic, But when Goo Came to the Mystery and saw the pic, It Was 5 PM.
Goo could Know the mystery if she said "Wally walking down the hallway, and then he went to basement pulled the lever and that's How" But She turns off-topic when she said Wilt.

billytheskink
01-07-2007, 04:02 PM
This is one of the most entertaining Foster's there is.

Ub3rD4n
05-01-2007, 02:14 AM
Man, really sympathised with Wilt for his part. I've never had to worry about that, being the shortest boy in my graduating year group.:( And also Camery's remark "I hate that guy!". Ooh, by the way, "Waldo"'s real name is Wally. It got changed for America for some odd reason. My mother cracked up when she heard "Where's Wally, where's Wally, where's Wally..." when I was visiting. My brother hadn't seen it cause we get premieres late in this particular backwater island. This episode premiered just a few months ago. Of course, I'd seen it on Youtube already. Yeah, I just love talkin' bout me8-) Just like the music video on Youtube with Bloo. :gooblab:

Now, back on topic, I also loved the way Herriman managed to find a way to put Camery in the picture. He really does care about the friend's feelings after all.:herriman:

And again, it used Duchess very well. She IS the expert in the house on that sort of girly stuff>:(

Sparky
05-01-2007, 05:57 PM
I don't remember Wally being called Waldo in the episode? Did I miss something? He's a parody of a character named Waldo, but I thought he was Wally in the American release. Sorry I can't just check like I used to be able to; most of the eps are stored on hard drives in formats this notebook refuses to recognise.

bloonuggets
05-01-2007, 07:18 PM
And seconded here.

Ub3rD4n
05-01-2007, 10:16 PM
What I meant was that people thought the name of the Imaginary friend Wally was a clever parody of the book character Waldo. But Waldo was originally called Wally anyways and was changed to Waldo for America (I believe).

I apologise for the confusion.

jekylljuice
05-02-2007, 12:12 AM
What I meant was that people thought the name of the Imaginary friend Wally was a clever parody of the book character Waldo. But Waldo was originally called Wally anyways and was changed to Waldo for America (I believe).

Yep, Ub speaks the truth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where's_Wally%3F

Sparky
05-02-2007, 03:19 PM

OH!!

Yep, I was confused. Thanks for the explanation.

KazooBloo
12-05-2016, 12:22 AM
The ending was creepy to me. The faces Frankie and MF make are just disturbing.