PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Comic-Con 2007

Sparky
08-17-2006, 08:09 PM
A thread to discuss *next* year's Con. So we can stop spamming kageri's art thread. :D

I'm most likely going! :) But now I have to come up with something to top the Wilt plush, lol. ;)

kageri
08-17-2006, 08:11 PM
If Craig and Crew came back, that would be most excellent, but even if they didn't, I'd still go. It would be really fun to do a group cosplay, but those don't usually work out....

rukift
08-17-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm going to work my butt off and do anything to get there. :blooevil: I was originally going to save up for another con, Anime Detour, so I could meet someone... and now that's been canned for reasons I'm sure you don't want to hear. So comicon, here I come? I hope. I'd get to meet *more* people there anyway, by the looks of it.

One Radical Dude
08-17-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm definitely looking at going next year. I do hope that the Foster's crew return, as well. I'm sure we'll see at least a few of them. I'm going to try to bring back the costume, and at least show it off for one day. There were other things I enjoyed, as well. The masquerade was great (I was lucky enough to get tickets for them, because some chick gave me some, and I gave away the ones I didn't need in a heartbeat). I met a few more actors. I spent a good amount of time walking around the Gaslamp Quarter/Downtown area. San Diego is a wonderful city, I guess you can say it's my new favorite city with at least 1 million residents.

Next year, I plan to book a hotel reservation early, and hopefully in the Downtown area or around Gaslamp Quarter. If I bring Bloo, I'll definitely need to be in the Downtown or Gaslamp Quarter, because I need easy access to the hotel room. :P Anyway, yay....2007!! 8D

Sparky
08-17-2006, 08:25 PM
We are *definately* going to book early next time so we don't have to drive and park and take a tram. That was horrid, especially on the Saturday, when we got there after noon. And schlepping Wilt on the tram wasn't fun either.
But we'll likely drive again, because it was awesome having my car there. Even though I wasn't feeling well on the day we were to drive back and my brother had to do it. I really had wanted to drive. :(

One Radical Dude
08-17-2006, 08:43 PM
..and hopefully, I will have a notebook computer by that time. I would love to update folks on the con, instead of waiting to do so after the end.

For those that plan to fly directly to San Diego, you should so do early on the day before the convention begins (or right before the start of preview night) Pre-register, if you can. It's cheaper that way!

Kzinistzerg
08-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Damn. It's too far away. I can't go, but I WANNNAAAAA! *sniffle* And, besides there are other things I'd want to look at... bah.

taranchula
08-18-2006, 09:48 PM
Yeah I am certainly looking forward to going to this thing next year (Even though it will cost me an arm and leg to do so.), I mean Matt Groening is showing off clips from the new episodes of Futurama, when the show makes it's triumphant return in 2008. That's worth the price of admission right there.

Scribble
08-19-2006, 12:03 AM
I really would love to go (actually there are a ton of conventions I'd love to go to) but living so far away I very much doubt I'll make it.:(

ch3353-h4xx0rrrr
08-19-2006, 01:32 PM
I'm hoping I can go next year ;D

I doubt I will be able to, though. :( But I'll try, ESPECIALLY if the Foster's crew are there again. Lauren Faust = amazing. Of course, I'd also be excited if it was an Animaniacs theme... Rob Paulsen = amazing.

OH NOEZ! A CONFLIKT! LOL!

Anyway, if I *did* go, I'd totally cosplay Coco. ;)

One Radical Dude
08-19-2006, 10:50 PM
I'm hoping I can go next year ;D

I doubt I will be able to, though. :( But I'll try, ESPECIALLY if the Foster's crew are there again. Lauren Faust = amazing. Of course, I'd also be excited if it was an Animaniacs theme... Rob Paulsen = amazing.

OH NOEZ! A CONFLIKT! LOL!

Anyway, if I *did* go, I'd totally cosplay Coco. ;)

Rob Paulsen was there at the 2006 convention. I got to meet him, Jess Harnell, and Maurice LaMarche at a Warner Bros. signing (though I did miss the Animaniacs/Pinky and the Brain panel). I definitely wouldn't rule out Rob to return in 2007. A Coco cosplayer would be great to see. ;)

ch3353-h4xx0rrrr
08-20-2006, 08:03 AM
Rob Paulsen was there at the 2006 convention. I got to meet him...
I envy you with every fiber of my being. :macwor:

taranchula
08-20-2006, 04:46 PM
Maurice LaMarche will more then likely be there next year, for the Futurama panal (He did a lot of voices on that show... Kif, Morbo, Lrr etc.)

GrimTheLost
08-20-2006, 08:16 PM
I can't wait to go to the next Comic-Con. It sounds like so much fun.

lucyrocks73
08-23-2006, 10:58 AM
Darn it. I wanted to go to the Newsies Rally and that, but

a. I'm broke
b. I live on the east coast (not a problem for the Newsies Rally, but still)
c. I cannot drive

Therefore I cannot go, and I depend on people like Sparky and ORD who do go to post pictures, videos, and every stinking detail about it.

-Marty 8-)

One Radical Dude
08-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Darn it. I wanted to go to the Newsies Rally and that, but

a. I'm broke
b. I live on the east coast (not a problem for the Newsies Rally, but still)
c. I cannot drive

Therefore I cannot go, and I depend on people like Sparky and ORD who do go to post pictures, videos, and every stinking detail about it.

-Marty 8-)

a. I understand the broke part. :(
b. I live closer to the East Coast than the West Coast. :P I've seen folks from other continents attend the convention. Still, cost is an issue.
c. Honestly, I don't think you necessarily need to drive in SD, because 1. it's more pedestrian-friendly than it is car friendly, and 2. I believe they have trolley services from the airport to the downtown area. Now, if you don't get a room in the Downtown area or in the Gaslamp Quarter, then you're more than likely going to need a car, which would be a bigger problem for you.

kageri
08-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Fortunately I have parents that would be willing to fly to San Diego for only one day, but San Diego is like an hour from where I live by plane, so yeah, distance can be a problem...

Imaginary Light
08-23-2006, 05:45 PM
I really want to go next year, but I live all the way in New York. And cost would definetely be an issue seeing as that fall I'm starting college:-[

Nyo
08-24-2006, 10:47 AM
I asked my mom if one day if I can ever go to Comic-Con (or at least San Diego). She said maybe...I dunno, I'll have to ask her. But I live in New York, so that might be a problem. If I ever went to San Diego, I'd have to fly there.

FostersFriend
08-25-2006, 07:43 AM
If they do come I hope instead of cards they give the bopping heads like at the end of the coco cards episode :D

megatron01
01-14-2007, 03:06 PM
I cant go to Comic-Con. Its because I live in MISSOURI, and it's always in CALIFORNIA. Oh, and one more thing...Can regular people (people who are not celebrities, and animators) go in Comic-Con? Because I think its for CELEBRITIES and ANIMATORS ONLY. Is this true? :wiltshock:

One Radical Dude
01-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Comic-Con International isn't one of those conventions where only celebrities, media people, and other special guests may attend.

Cassini90125
01-14-2007, 03:31 PM
If it were, this thread probably would not exist.

kaytea
01-14-2007, 03:59 PM
I asked my dad if I can and he told me he'll see how much money we'll have when it comes

"C" the Dragon
01-14-2007, 04:10 PM
That's great, but I just got one question:

WHEN WILL THE COMIC-CON COME TO DETROIT?!?:frankiemad:

kageri
01-14-2007, 04:58 PM
That's great, but I just got one question:

WHEN WILL THE COMIC-CON COME TO DETROIT?!?:frankiemad:

Considering "San Diego" is part of its name, it probably won't in the near future, but there are conventions of all kinds all over the world, and hopefully Craig and Crew will do a bit of traveling to different ones. Ya never know!

One Radical Dude
01-14-2007, 05:08 PM
There are other similar cons, including Dragon Con in Atlanta . There are other smaller cons, too. Your best bet, however, is to come to the one in San Diego, since not all California-based creators, actors, directors, etc. are able to leave California to attend other cons. If you're curious about other conventions, search around the Web for more information.

Invader Bloo
01-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Comic-Con International isn't one of those conventions where only celebrities, media people, and other special guests may attend.

No it isn't it's where fans of all things comics, TV & movie show up (baiscally us nerds). It's also where toy companies show their latest/upcoming toys, menaing Foster's toys this year! I may go this year, if not I'll get around to it before Foster's ends.

BluebottleFlyer
04-19-2007, 11:23 PM
OK, I know this thread is related to this year's Comic-Con, but I have decided that I'm going to do whatever it takes to get to the 2008 event. I know, it sounds tricky, coming from the north-east of England, but I've heard so much about this event and I really want to see for myself what it's like.

One Radical Dude
04-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Better later than never, I'll say. :) I'm definitely going to try to go in 2008, but I want to worry with the 2007 event first. If you get to go next year, that would be fantastic. 8-)

CG
04-20-2007, 01:24 AM
And me, I'M on my way to America in July! :D And I totally can't wait.

BluebottleFlyer
04-20-2007, 03:14 AM
Better later than never, I'll say. :) I'm definitely going to try to go in 2008, but I want to worry with the 2007 event first. If you get to go next year, that would be fantastic. 8-)

It would be, thanks man:) Anything can happen in a year though. We'll just have to wait and see...

Ccook50
05-29-2007, 02:17 PM
I've been every year since 2002, but I'm gonna have to sit this year out. I came into unexpected expenses during the first part of the year, mainly from a $2,200 income tax tab. Sucks to be me.

Living in Atlanta, I'd go to DragonCon but I haven't ever been there strictly on principle. The guy who organized it was arrested several years ago on a pedophile charge. (Besides...college football starts up that weekend.)

bloonuggets
05-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Cali's a bit too far for me, though. That and the expense. They do have a hostel near Gaslight Quarter which is close to Petco Park, the home of the Padres and the Convention Center, if you like cheap accomadations and do-it-yourself living expenses.

LaBloo
05-30-2007, 05:11 PM
Nah. I'm too busy to go there.

cartman414
05-31-2007, 01:29 AM
I'm very close, but just don't plan on being there the entire 4 days. Right now I'm waiting to hear about the programming. Whichever day gets the Futurama panel (if it's this year) gets priority. Last year I scored big time because Bruce Timm and Robert Smigel (Triumph the Insult Comic Dog/SNL TV Funhouse) were on the same day. I only wish I was able to meet the cast/creators.

Jetbaby
05-31-2007, 08:35 AM
Been going since the mid-nineties and plan to be in attendance this year, as well. Though wrangling a hotel room each year is getting nigh impossible to do. Only managed to snag a hotel 'bout a mile from the convention center because a friend of ours had to cancel. One man's misfortune is another's windfall.

One Radical Dude
05-31-2007, 04:52 PM
The more NFers that attend, the better. Time is running out, though. It's less than two months from now. :yeah:

Invader Bloo
06-01-2007, 08:30 AM
How I wish I could go. Not only for Foster's but for SW, Indiana Jones & Spider-Man.:'(

Government Man
06-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Here's a link (http://www.comicsreporter.com/index.php/welcome_to_nerd_vegas_a_guide_to_visiting_and_enjo ying_san_diegos_comic_con/) to a page for tips if you plan to attend. Granted, this was written from the point of view of a comic strip artist desperate for a big break, but it does have good stuff about various hotels, places to eat, and which booths and panels are must-sees.

Oh, and don't think it's too late to sign-up. Sparky and I didn't make our reservations until around this time last year, and we were still able to get hotel reservations in scenic El Cajon.

Sparky
06-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Oh, and don't think it's too late to sign-up. Sparky and I didn't make our reservations until around this time last year, and we were still able to get hotel reservations in scenic El Cajon.

Of course, we had brought a car...

Government Man
06-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Don't tell them that! I'm trying to encourage them to go.

Besides, a quick look at Google Maps will show how insanely far away El Cajon is from the Convention Center.

Seriously, don't stay in El Cajon unless you've got a car.

Ccook50
06-29-2007, 01:08 PM
Looks like I'll be there after all. I was able to count up enough pennies to make the trip. But I'll be staying at a hotel in Escondido (no biggie--I lived there when I was quite young).

Jerry Beck will hold his hilarious Worst Cartoons Ever Festival at the con Friday night at 9 PM, Rooms 6BCDF.

Sparky
06-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Jerry Beck will hold his hilarious Worst Cartoons Ever Festival at the con Friday night at 9 PM, Rooms 6BCDF.

Yup, and Government Man and I are bringing our DVD copies of the first and second shows for those who want to catch up before attending the new show. ;)

Ccook50
06-29-2007, 02:42 PM
I have the DVDs of the 2005 and 2006 shows. They hurt so good.

Sparky
06-29-2007, 02:50 PM
Poor Jerry. 8D The 2006 show was better IMHO. And everyone on the shuttle back to the parking lot after the show last year was singing odes to Tip-Top Titan.

So anyways I'm sure we'll see you there...ORD and I won't be hard to spot, lol. And on Preview Night look for the group in No-No shirts. :nono:

taranchula
06-29-2007, 03:29 PM

Nice, I'll be there for that one for sure. :bloogrin:

Sparky
07-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Here's a link (http://www.comicsreporter.com/index.php/welcome_to_nerd_vegas_a_guide_to_visiting_and_enjo ying_san_diegos_comic_con/) to a page for tips if you plan to attend. Granted, this was written from the point of view of a comic strip artist desperate for a big break, but it does have good stuff about various hotels, places to eat, and which booths and panels are must-sees.

He just added the tip I sent him about the parking lot scam artists. It's at the very very bottom. Glad I could contribute. :herriman:

cartman414
07-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Around what time do the Comic-Con schedules really start filling out? I'm waiting for more details before deciding which day(s) I would like to register myself for.

Sparky
07-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Government Man told me he read somewhere on the site that the schedule is generally posted about 2 weeks before the Con starts.

cartman414
07-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Government Man told me he read somewhere on the site that the schedule is generally posted about 2 weeks before the Con starts.

Interesting. Something to look forward to other than the e3 press conferences.

One Radical Dude
07-05-2007, 11:47 PM
It could be early next week for them to show the schedules; and as far as I know, online registration is still available, so that's great new for anyone that's still waiting.

One Radical Dude
07-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Okay, you can now get a mini-preview of what's going on at the convention this year. There will obviously be more to the Con than what you see now, but they are showing a bit more of the scheduled events.

One Radical Dude
07-09-2007, 12:10 PM
All right, the entire schedule is posted. Unless I went through it fast, I did not see anything for a Foster's panel, I'm afraid. That's not to say that none of the gang will be back for this year (they could still be around for the autograph sessions).

cartman414
07-09-2007, 01:31 PM
All right, the entire schedule is posted. Unless I went through it fast, I did not see anything for a Foster's panel, I'm afraid. That's not to say that none of the gang will be back for this year (they could still be around for the autograph sessions).

When are the autograph sessions typically held?

One Radical Dude
07-09-2007, 01:48 PM
When are the autograph sessions typically held?

Cartoon Network had autograph sessions for all four days for different shows. Last year, the Foster's crew have done autographs on a Friday and Saturday. Unfortunately, you likely won't know until you get there for the exact schedule for the autographs. I can only say this: I know Lauren (maybe Craig, too), Grey, and even Tom Kenny are to appear at Comic-Con this year.

Edit: On the upside, it looks like according to the exhibit hall floor plan, Cartoon Network may have gotten more room for a booth, so that's good news there.

cartman414
07-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Cartoon Network had autograph sessions for all four days for different shows. Last year, the Foster's crew have done autographs on a Friday and Saturday. Unfortunately, you likely won't know until you get there for the exact schedule for the autographs. I can only say this: I know Lauren (maybe Craig, too), Grey, and even Tom Kenny are to appear at Comic-Con this year.

Edit: On the upside, it looks like according to the exhibit hall floor plan, Cartoon Network may have gotten more room for a booth, so that's good news there.

I was there on Friday, but missed out on my chance to meet any of them.

Invader Bloo
07-09-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm really excited about this year's CC because Hasbro will show off the restof this year's SW figures & even some Indy ones. Plus, Indy IV news. When is it?
BOT, will there be like a Fosters' coverage thing? ???

Partymember
07-09-2007, 08:20 PM
i hear Elvira's going to be there.

:bloogrin:

One Radical Dude
07-09-2007, 08:24 PM
One thing I wanted to mention is that I've learned Grey is supposed to make an appearance at a "surprise panel", whatever that's supposed to mean (whether it's a panel not mentioned in the schedule, or Grey will appear at a scheduled panel that doesn't mention her name on it).

bloonuggets
07-10-2007, 10:06 AM
With any luck, we'll get to see pictures of the awesomeness known as Sparky and ORD in their costumes...and maybe AGSMA's costumes mixed in as well, mayhaps?

Government Man
07-12-2007, 09:32 PM
The G4 channel is showing a one-hour preview of the 2007 Comic-Con right now. It will replay tomorrow at 9am, 2pm and 8pm, and then some more the day after that, and the day after that (this is G4, after all--they tend to run stuff into the ground). The same channel will broadcast live from the Con on Thursday the 26th and Friday the 27th, so if you can't come you can watch and there's a minuscule chance they might get a NF member on camera.

Sparky
07-12-2007, 09:37 PM
I just came here to post that, lol. Yeah if we're in our costumes on the days G4 is there, they may tape us.

cartman414
07-13-2007, 01:29 AM
Heads up! The Foster's and Billy and Mandy crews will be at the Comic-con on Friday.

One Radical Dude
07-13-2007, 02:10 AM
Really? I'll definitely watch out for them. I'd love to see them again.

By the way, Comic-Con has officially sold out of 4-day memberships, and Saturdays have sold out (I think). Only 3-day memberships and single ones are available.

Ccook50
07-13-2007, 05:33 AM
I'm lucky. As an attending pro, I get mine gratis.

cartman414
07-13-2007, 07:08 AM
Saturdays are still for sale AFAIK. I just purchased my pass for that day, plus one for Friday. Hope to meet some of you there! Now good day, sirs! 8D

Cassini90125
07-13-2007, 07:46 AM
I just came here to post that, lol. Yeah if we're in our costumes on the days G4 is there, they may tape us.

I'll be the guy hiding behind the potted plant. :P

Invader Bloo
07-13-2007, 11:50 AM
I'll be watching. :)

Sparky
07-13-2007, 11:58 AM
Speaking of watching it, since we'll all be in SD, can someone tape it for us (both days)? I suppose we can set our VCRs and all but it'd be cool to know someone was taping it. Even if they don't film us I'd like to see it.

Lori from CNS
07-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Hey everyone! Someone here at the studio brought my attention to this thread, so I'm going to point everyone to the con panel list for Friday , at 12:30

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci07_prog_fri.php

I would make sure to stop by the booth as soon as you can to check on when the signings are. I can't reveal anything that hasn't been released to the press, but the sooner you check it out, the better!

I'm looking forward to the costumes, and I'm glad ORD and Sparky are coming back again.

Sorry I can't stay to answer questions, etc. but even as I type, I'm here at work getting ready for the con, so I'm swamped. I just wanted to make sure no one misses the panel.

Best,
Lori

Cassini90125
07-14-2007, 11:08 AM
We'll be there! Thanks so much for the heads-up! :)

cartman414
07-14-2007, 12:41 PM
For a person coming in from Orange County who has no plans of staying at a hotel, what's the best course of action? Park at/near a trolley stop, find a parking lot/garage if possible, or go by train?

taranchula
07-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Awesomeness, I know where I'll be from 11:45-1:15 on Friday July 24'th, I also want to go the Billy and Mandy panel too, which is taking place right before the Foster's panel in the exact same room.

Sparky
07-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Oh so there *is* a Foster's panel! I admit I'm surprised, but in a good way. :terrsmile:

One Radical Dude
07-14-2007, 07:55 PM
All right!! Woo-hoo!! :yeah::yeah::yeah: Thanks for the update, Lori! I look forward to seeing you all again. :)

CG
07-14-2007, 08:10 PM
*super big gasp!* That's great! Okay, yay!

Sparky
07-14-2007, 09:32 PM
For a person coming in from Orange County who has no plans of staying at a hotel, what's the best course of action? Park at/near a trolley stop, find a parking lot/garage if possible, or go by train?

Parking near a trolley stop is what we did last year. The trolleys are great. IF you do this, heed my advice:

1) GO EARLY. Get there EARLY. No sleeping in. GO EARLY. You'll thank me. The Hall opens at 10 I believe, so get there before that. The lots do fill up, woe to you if you get there and they're all full.

2) Beware of scam artists. There are people who put on official-looking blazers and convince people to give them money instead of using the machines that you SHOULD use, by putting Out Of Order signs on them and handing out those little red raffle tickets you can pick up at a stationary store. Happened to us last year; according to the guy directing traffic we talked to, happens every year, and its hard for them to keep those guys away. So if you use one of those lots, use the ticket machines. (It was $5 a day last year.)

3) Unrelated to parking and you probably know this one, but bring your own food. If all you want to drink is water, just bring a bottle, you can refill it there for free. I like those little drink mix packets made just for the 16 oz bottles.

4) Look for us there. ;D

Government Man
07-14-2007, 09:52 PM

Downtown parking from what I heard is nearly impossible (last year, we found something on Friday by showing up early, and spent nearly an hour finding a spot on Saturday because we waited until noon to leave the hotel). If you're going to do anything else that day in San Diego, the Con site recommends parking at Mission Valley (http://westfield.com/missionvalley/) and taking the trolley (http://www.sdmts.com/Trolley/Gaslamp.asp) to the Convention Center.

Otherwise, the Amtrak route is fairly simple. Take the Pacific Surfliner (http://www.amtrak.com/timetable/apr07/W31.pdf) down to the Santa Fe depot (called "San Diego-Old Town" on the Amtrak schedule), and then board the trolley (http://www.sdmts.com/Trolley/Gaslamp.asp) to the Convention Center. There will apparently be an express trolley for this route, but the schedule isn't posted yet.

Good luck, and we'll see you there!

cartman414
07-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the advice. I've been planning on leaving from my house at 8 am, in hopes of getting in on time for the beginning of registration at 9:30. Would there be any serious traffic around that time?

Ccook50
07-16-2007, 03:26 PM
I'll be coming in from Escondido, so what I've usually done is park at the lot at Broadway and Pacific Hwy. and hoof it to the Convention Center. If you get to town early enough, you may get a spot at the Convention Center's underground parking.

Sparky
07-16-2007, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the advice. I've been planning on leaving from my house at 8 am, in hopes of getting in on time for the beginning of registration at 9:30. Would there be any serious traffic around that time?

You *are* going to pre-register for that day, aren't you? Seeing as Saturday has already sold out, Friday could well do so too.

(I'm afraid I'm not sure about the traffic.)

One Radical Dude
07-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Yeah, I would urge you to register online, so you don't end up as one of those folks that are shown the exit, due to the convention reaching the maximum capacity.

cartman414
07-16-2007, 03:45 PM
I already pre-registered, as I pointed out earlier. Friday and Saturday.

One Radical Dude
07-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Oh, yeah -- that's right. Okay! :) Just get there as early as you can, then.

Sparky
07-16-2007, 03:52 PM
My bad, I missed that, then. I'm really glad you did that. :terrsmile:

Kzinistzerg
07-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Awwwww, I really wanna go, But I can't.

Foster's'll be there.... Mike Nelson will be there...

Ccook50
07-20-2007, 04:53 AM
I have kept an archive on the previous three Worst Cartoons Ever festival, and this is what we were exposed to:

Mighty Mr. Titan. This lengthy interstitial was intended to forward the effort of physical fitness to kids, even with the addition of a little squiggly mascot, whose timely appearance and gesture during Titan's sit-ups regimen had us rolling in the aisles. Horribly animated and campy as all get out.

Johnny Cypher In Dimension Zero. This 1967 product from Joe Oriolo (Felix The Cat, The Mighty Hercules) and Seven Arts was the first American syndicated cartoon that had its animation farmed out to Japan. Non-existent from storyboard to filming.

Super President.. From 1967, DePatie-Freleng (The Pink Panther) forgot to say "Mother May I?" when creating this Saturday morning debacle for NBC. James Norcross (voiced by Paul Frees) is president of the United States who is also a superhero. Ill-timed as well: Robert F. Kennedy would be assassinated the following June of 1968, prompting NBC to buy out the remainder of the show's contract and cancel it before the fall season started.

Captain Zammo was a segment of DePatie-Freleng's Super 6 series (NBC, 1966-69). Picture a beefed up Felix Unger in a sissy elevator operator costume and you have Captain Zammo. 'Nuff said.

Muggy Doo, Boy Cat was a comic book in the late 50s created by Hal Seeger, and in 1963 Seegar (who had already done made-for-TV cartoons of Max Fleischer's Out Of The Inkwell series) decided to make an animated pilot (Boy Pest With Osh). It went nowhere in a hurry, but when Seeger created Milton The Monster two years later, he refurbished the character and renamed him Muggy Doo, Boy Fox as an infrequent segment of the show.

Filmation produced a new batch of Tom & Jerry cartoons for CBS in 1980, and included was Droopy. The screened cartoon, where Droopy competes against Slick Wolf at a disco contest, received the loudest chorus of boos from the audience out of all the cartoons we saw. John Kricfalusi worked (in protest) on this series and his graphic influence can be readily--albeit fleetingly--detected.

Superkatt was a late 40s Columbia cartoon about a housecat that disguises himself as a superhero to fool a wisecracking mouse. The best animated of the lot but still dreadful dull and by-the-numbers.

Courageous Cat And Minute Mouse has the dubious distinction of being a bad cartoon show that was created by Bob Kane, the creator of Batman. It was produced by Sam Singer, widely regarded as the worst cartoon studio of all time. One look at Courageous Cat and you'll see why. Kane would create Cool McCool much later.

The unscreened pilot for George Of The Jungle was actually the quality of the festival. While George kept calling Ursula "Fella," she was actually identified in the narration as Jane.

Also included was material that Jerry wrote and recorded as part of an aborted special he was going to do for ToonHeads on the Worst Cartoons Ever. Included were scenes from such wastes of cels and paint as Turbo Teen (ABC, 1984), Mighty Man & Yukk (ABC, 1980), The Robonic Stooges (CBS, 1977) and The Super Globetrotters (NBC, 1979).

We were treated to some good old stand-bys from the previous year--Mighty Mr. Titan, Johnny Cypher In Dimension Zero, Super President--with different episodes this year. A rose by any other name...

Rocket Robin Hood, or Six Years Before Josie & The Pussycats In Outer Space, was produced by Canada's Trilliam Productions and animated by Krantz Films in New York (1960s Marvel superheroes, 1967 Spiderman), A space age take on the tale (Sherwood Asteroid?! WTF?) that is mesmerizingly bizarre.

Spunky & Tadpole was an obscurity from Ed Janis' Beverly Hills Films that wanted to go one up on Rocky & Bullwinkle in the hero department in that it featured a boy and his pal--a goofy bear--sent on heroic missions from the President, of all people. Implausible doesn't even begin to describe it.

The Big World Of Little Adam was one of those 1960s educational syndicated features that must have had the lowest budget of any cartoon made. We just see the faces of two kids behind a book with the only thing moving being their eyes. Cute theme song, though.

Captain Fathom was from the notorious Cambria studios and featured the Synchro-Vox process--superimposing real human lips reading the dialogue over the cartoon drawings. Freaky and dull at the same time.

Bucky & Pepito has been deemed--by Jerry, anyways--as the worst cartoon ever made, by the Ed Wood of cartoon studios, Sam Singer. It just sits there and pays no attention to the star characters.

King Kong was by Rankin-Bass, animation farmed out to Japan's Toei studios(!) and aired on ABC from 1966 to 1969. Infinitesimal quality control of script direction and animation--when Bobby's dad talks, he doesn't close his mouth on consonants that require it, like "b" and "m"!

We were, uh, treated to new---I take that back--different episodes of favorites from last year, Mighty Mr. Titan, The Big World Of Little Adam, Spunky & Tadpole, Johnny Cypher In Dimension Zero and Super President, while this year's crap was rolled before our unsuspecting eyes:

Paddy The Pelican has replaced last year's Bucky & Pepito in Jerry's eyes as the worst cartoon ever. This Sam Singer production certainly had the worst quality control I've certainly ever seen as the animation was never inked on cels or colored and the hilariously awful dialogue never matches the mouth movements. I'll vouch for Jerry there.

Pow-Wow The Indian Boy is another Singer craptacular that I actually remember from childhood. Dialogue is all narration, no character voices (that came later in the series) but really slipshod work on the animation and story.

Sir Gee Whiz was a 1960 cartoon by, of all people, Hugh Harman and Rudolf Ising, makers of those Disney-esque MGM cartoons of the 30s. Sir Gee Whiz is a leprechaun who takes a little girl to where he came from--the other side of the moon. Brain cells are duly sacrificed here.

We saw a cartoon called The Mummynappers as an episode title of a series presumably called Sidney Backstreet. This was nothing more than live action actors in black silhouette composited on cartoon backgrounds. Nobody knows where this came from, and in this case, ignorance is bliss.

Luno was a theatrical cartoon from 1963 by the Terrytoons studio about a magical flying horse who starts out as a toy but comes to life at the whim of a little boy, Tim, and takes him on magical adventures. It was actually cute in a moronic way. We saw what we think was the debut cartoon; Tim's voice was furnished in the short by Norma McMillan (later the voice of Sweet Polly on Underdog). Bob McFadden took over that voice later.

Sparky
07-20-2007, 02:47 PM
I wasn't even aware that there was a show in 2004. We don't have that DVD, maybe its not available on Beck's site any more. (Government Man was the one who bought the other DVDs, and I'm sure he would have grabbed 2004 if it had been available).

Ccook50
07-21-2007, 03:01 AM
Oh, yes, there was indeed a show in '04. The pain was exquisite. :D

Invader Bloo
07-21-2007, 11:21 AM
I hope Foster's has some exciting news this year.

Cassini90125
07-21-2007, 12:27 PM
So do I. Rest assured, if we learn anything good we'll pass it along to everyone. :)

Unless we're sworn to secrecy, of course. :-X

Government Man
07-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Almost completely off-topic, but this year will be the 30th anniversary of Star Wars. The film was first shown publicly at the 1976 Comic-Con.

Here is a photo from that convention, showing comic collector Alan Light. I think I actually owned the shirt on the right when I was in elementary school.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alan-light/285964338/in/set-72157594258122660/

I believe the floor will be a little more crowded this year.

koosie
07-23-2007, 01:44 PM
Almost completely off-topic, but this year will be the 30th anniversary of Star Wars. The film was first shown publicly at the 1976 Comic-Con.

Er...um...I'm confused.

Never mind. I had a shirt like that too in the 70s, it either shrunk quick or I was growing because it was ridiculously small when I stopped wearing it.

I wish I was going to the Comic-Con.:(

Subzeroace
07-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Hmmm... I will be watching the con on G4 Canada, I doubt they'll show any of the toon's I'm interested in. Eh, never know.

Try to get you're Mac costume on the broadcast Sparky!

One Radical Dude
07-24-2007, 02:08 PM
Just letting folks know that I've arrived in the city of San Diego. 8-) As of right now, I have not met with the others, yet, but hopefully, it won't be long.

Lynnie
07-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Great, I'm glad you got out there safely, ORD. As for everyone else leaving today or tomorrow, God Speed. Have a blast for those of us who can't make it. :bloogrin: And I think it's safe to say that we who are left behind will be on the edge of our seats come Friday night/Saturday for the latest word from our favorite show. :up:

Sparky
07-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Here I am...but my car barely made it. Tomorrow we have to find a mechanic. :sadbendy: I hope its not bad, but its making a scary noise..

Cassini90125
07-24-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm here, and I'm exhausted, but I'm having a good time. It's been great meeting everyone. :)

Little Baby IceCream
07-24-2007, 05:36 PM
Glad to hear you guys all made it safely! Have a great time at the ComicCon and have a great time for anyone who can't make it!

As for me, we're getting ready to go to Disney in a month, Woo hoo!

Little Baby IceCream :D

Ccook50
07-25-2007, 02:07 PM
I made it in from Atlanta yesterday. I'm at a place at Horton Plaza called The Internet Place (previously Cyber Zone) where I am typing this at this very moment. The preview night for four-day pre-registereds is tonight. If anyone is there from this site, you'll see me in an orange Heckle & Jeckle T-shirt.

Sparky
07-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Our group just picked up our badges, and I guess we'll be hitting Preview Night kind of individually and/or in little groups. :goo:

One Radical Dude
07-25-2007, 11:48 PM
Currently recovering from a long Wednesday. It was a fun day for the most part. Had a bit of a headache before leaving the exhibit hall, but I'm better now. I got my Bugs Bunny exclusive, saw the Cartoon Network booth, as well as Lauren Faust's booth (did pick up some stuff there). :bloogrin: Great evening; more to come later.

Cassini90125
07-26-2007, 12:07 AM
Let's see... yeah, big day. We got our Con badges, which took a little longer than expected because we spent some time standing in the wrong line. :cheesegrin: The Con itself is noisey, crowded, and exciting all at once, but meeting Lauren, well, that made it all worthwhile. Afterwards some of us hit one of the local Mexican places for dinner and took care of some personal errands. Definitely a great evening, as ORD said, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow quite a lot. :)

Oh, and right after we got our badges, I saw Sailor Moon. Okay, yeah, a cosplayer. I don't care. Me majorly happy. ;D

taranchula
07-26-2007, 09:48 AM
The Story So Far.......

Well for me what was to be my dream vacation has turned into somewhat of a nightmare, as my trip into SD was a cavalcade of turbulence, screaming children, delays, missed flights, a cell phone that doesn't work in Western America and to top it all off, my luggage got lost somewhere in between Phoenix and San Diego. (As of this posting it still hasn't turned up and I am waiting for a phone call from US airways which assures me that they are doing everything they can to find it.) However through it all my companions have been very supportive and done a lot to help me manage this crisis, with such beautiful displays of friendship which almost brought a tear to my eye.

Despite all that I did manage to make it to preview night and finally got to meet Lauren and Craig for the very first time. And garnered a tiny bit of Lauren's sympathy after she learned of my ordeal. Which was a very nice thing to do. :p

So anyways, I am now off to dry my clothes and buy some replacements in case my stuff doesn't come in today, Then head out and see if things will get better, which I can say with the up most confidence... they will. :bloogrin:

Cassini90125
07-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Yeah, that was the "personal errands" I mentioned above. In case you read this before I see you later, please know that if there's anything I can do to help, you need only ask. :)

Medikor
07-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Have fun guys! And be sure to keep us informed of all the juicy stuff.:D

Little Baby IceCream
07-26-2007, 03:22 PM
The Story So Far.......

Well for me what was to be my dream vacation has turned into somewhat of a nightmare, as my trip into SD was a cavalcade of turbulence, screaming children, delays, missed flights, a cell phone that doesn't work in Western America and to top it all off, my luggage got lost somewhere in between Phoenix and San Diego. (As of this posting it still hasn't turned up and I am waiting for a phone call from US airways which assures me that they are doing everything they can to find it.) However through it all my companions have been very supportive and done a lot to help me manage this crisis, with such beautiful displays of friendship which almost brought a tear to my eye.

Despite all that I did manage to make it to preview night and finally got to meet Lauren and Craig for the very first time. And garnered a tiny bit of Lauren's sympathy after she learned of my ordeal. Which was a very nice thing to do. :p

So anyways, I am now off to dry my clothes and buy some replacements in case my stuff doesn't come in today, Then head out and see if things will get better, which I can say with the up most confidence... they will. :bloogrin:
The only kinds of bags at US Air are carry-ons and lost!
I really hope they find your bags soon! Anyway, I'll bet you'll have a great time at the Con! I'll be waiting for any update that comes my way!

Little Baby IceCream ;)

taranchula
07-26-2007, 04:16 PM
The only kinds of bags at US Air are carry-ons and lost!

And had I known this little tidbit ahead of time, I would have made other travel plans.

Needless to say, if I ever do something like this again, and I really hope to. I know which airline I will NOT be flying with. >:(

Lynnie
07-26-2007, 05:10 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your misfourtunes, Taranchula. I'm sure they'll find your luggage, and surely hope they do so before your vacay is over. I can empathise with how frustrating, gut wrenching and helpless the situation is. I hope things lighten up for you soon. Thank Heaven for good friends, huh? ;)

cartman414
07-26-2007, 08:56 PM
Quick, last minute question: since I'll be going down on Friday and Saturday, should I buy a 2-day trolley daypass?

Sparky
07-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Quick, last minute question: since I'll be going down on Friday and Saturday, should I buy a 2-day trolley daypass?

Er...I...I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with that so I couldn't say.

In any case, look for us outside the B&M panel when you get here. You'll um...see us. ;)

One Radical Dude
07-26-2007, 10:55 PM
I'd consider getting a two-day trolley pass, if I were you. Make sure you're early, too.

cartman414
07-26-2007, 11:13 PM
I'd consider getting a two-day trolley pass, if I were you. Make sure you're early, too.

Oh yeah, I'll be good and early. Can you buy passes at or near Mission Valley?

One Radical Dude
07-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Oh yeah, I'll be good and early. Can you buy passes at or near Mission Valley?

I believe you can. Visit http://www.sdmts.com for more information.

xxxClaire
07-27-2007, 12:39 PM

Awww.... :( I'm really sorry about your luggage taranchula. But don't worry, I'm sure they'll find it soon! :)

Cassini90125
07-27-2007, 01:47 PM
New Season Five episodes will begin in September. Season Six will feature episodes focusing on the "lesser" characters; Jackie Khones, for instance, will be getting his own episode. There will also be a movie at the end of Season Six but we don't know what it will be about.

Shelltoon
07-27-2007, 02:05 PM
AWESOME! I can't wait for the new episodes, and Season 6.

taranchula
07-27-2007, 02:45 PM
And, oh yeah since video taping the panels was banned this year, there won't be a video of the event.

So sorry. :(

One Radical Dude
07-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Actually, Ridureyu somehow ended up recording much of what happened (except for the clip of an upcoming Season 5 episode. Give us some time to get it up.

taranchula
07-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Ah, then I retract my last statement.

Invader Bloo
07-27-2007, 03:23 PM

That's common knowledge to a SW fan.
What's up with season 5? There wa sonly a couple episodes. Is CN airing those soon?

Sparky
07-27-2007, 05:11 PM
There will be no more new episodes until they resume season 5 in September. That's what they said.

Lynnie
07-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Aw man, we have to wait until September for new eppies?? However shall we survive until then? :P

Did they say why season 6 will have a lot more of lesser characters? I know in a lot of shows the actors get bored of playing their character after a while, so there's an episode (or season) where the characters are suddenly "out of character" so the actors can regain their enthusiasm. Being a cartoon, they'd be doing a completely different character. I know for the most part Foster's uses the same 8 actors to do the voices of everyone. So I could definately understand if some of them want to play around with some of their other voices. I just hope it's as fun for the viewers as it is for them.

I sure hope the main characters are still shown a lot. I'll miss them if not! :sadbendy: I hope this won't be their downfall. Ugh, I don't want to think about that...

*slaps side of head to get that thought to fall out*

I certainly look forward to the movie, though. Any word on a 7th season? If not, I wonder if that movie will be the finale...

*slaps side of head again to get that wonderment to fall out*

Cassini90125
07-27-2007, 05:32 PM
That is a possibility, I suppose, but I don't think that's the case. I think they would have said something if Season Six were to be the last.

One Radical Dude
07-28-2007, 01:12 AM
It was a great day at the con. The Foster's panel (as well as Billy and Mandy) was a total blast, and I wore my costume right after it ended. People took plenty of photos of me, as well as Mac and Frankie. I also had a bit of fun with Keith Ferguson (I will provide the videos, as soon as I can). Some of us went for burgers afterwards for lunch. Then, I went back to the exhibit hall to just hang around. Once the exhibit hall closed, I kinda wandered around and stuff. I ran into Keith again, and I chatted with him again for about 15 minutes. After that, I went to the Worst Cartoons Ever event hosted by Jerry Beck. That was bad! 8D

Unfortunately, Grey DeLisle won't be around Saturday (she'll still be around for the El Tigre deal on Sunday)

BluebottleFlyer
07-28-2007, 03:52 AM
Just been reading up on what's been happening, I'm glad to hear that for the most part, everyone's been having a great time there.:) Sorry to hear about Taranchula's luggage episode, though.

baabaa
07-28-2007, 04:37 AM
Sounds like it was / is a good event. I wonder when we'll get the new episodes here in the UK ?

And the prospect of a Foster's movies sounds cool :D

Taranchula, hope you get everything sorted :terrsmile:

Daz

Ccook50
07-28-2007, 09:32 AM
After that, I went to the Worst Cartoons Ever event hosted by Jerry Beck. That was bad! 8D

Yes. I loved it. The Moon Mullins cartoon was the first since the Filmation Droopy cartoon in 2004 to get booed by the crowd.

One Radical Dude
07-28-2007, 01:34 PM
So far today, I took a brief trip by trolley to get something to drink/eat (I got up just after 8 AM). I went to see the "Who Wants to be a Superhero" panel with Stan Lee. Man-Faye was among the people to ask questions there. :P:wiltshock: Also, I caught Keith for one last time, talked to him very briefly, and gave me a friendly hug before leaving SD. I went to see a Voice-Over Actors panel (part 1 of 2), with featured actors, such as Rob Paulsen (which I got a photo with him after it was over, my second time to meet him), Joe Alaskey, and others. I wandered around a bit more before going back to the hotel room. Soon, I'll be going to see the Futurama panel, go to one other panel, and then see the Masquerade. Oh, and I also have pre-registered for 2008 Comic-Con (I'm such a geek).

More to come later. ;)

cartman414
07-28-2007, 08:28 PM
That was you in the Bloo costume ORD? Oh man, I thought it might have been someone else, so I didn't ask if it was you. I definitely remember meeting jetbaby and CG there. I might have seen others, but wasn't about to ask every single person I saw if they were part of this forum.

Anyways, I am back from my final day of the show this year. Great Billy & Mandy/Foster's panel from Cartoon Network. Also enjoyed the booth that Craig and Lauren had. I actually found myself really digging the whole Milky Way & the Galaxy Girls concept, and got a copy of the book. Aside from the autographs, I got a couple nifty sketches of my favorite characters from both of their shows: Eduardo by Craig, and Bubbles by Lauren. Came around perhaps just a little too frequently to ask questions beyond that, and was a little slow at that too. :-[ (I'm a bit of a scatterbrain at times, and I guess within the packed din of the center, it couldn't be helped anyways.) At least they've been taken care of now, making any potential future meetups a lot more prompt. Even the voice acting advice, which I thought they would have a more input on given a couple of the unique circumstances (i. e. character creation of Cheese) but didn't have that much on, helped quite a bit.

But that wasn't the only sweet panel I hit up. Although I came a little late for the whole thing, the Shin Chan panel, which I went to prior, was typically hilarious. Shockingly (or not), there was some stuff the English adaptation writers came up with that was too obscene to go through their own senses of good taste.

Following the Foster's panel I went to the preview panel for Chuck, the new show from Josh Schwartz of the OC. The first episode, which was screened at the intro, was unexpectedly hilarious and quite thrilling. Think Alias meets the Office, or some other [insert action/spy thriller] meets [insert workplace comedy] metaphor. So yeah, I would recommend at least checking it out when it debuts on NBC in a couple months.

And today I checked out the Simpsons and Futurama panels, both of which were great. I only wish I wasn't late to the latter due to the incredibly long line, which led to me missing the preview clip(s) during the beginning. Not to mention that I stupidly missed today's voice acting panel.

Anyways, I enjoyed it on the whole, and was inspired to really begin chasing my own dreams.

One Radical Dude
07-29-2007, 12:02 AM
That was you in the Bloo costume ORD? Oh man, I thought it might have been someone else, so I didn't ask if it was you. I definitely remember meeting jetbaby and CG there. I might have seen others, but wasn't about to ask every single person I saw if they were part of this forum.

Anyways, I am back from my final day of the show this year. Great Billy & Mandy/Foster's panel from Cartoon Network. Also enjoyed the booth that Craig and Lauren had. I actually found myself really digging the whole Milky Way & the Galaxy Girls concept, and got a copy of the book. Aside from the autographs, I got a couple nifty sketches of my favorite characters from both of their shows: Eduardo by Craig, and Bubbles by Lauren. Came around perhaps just a little too frequently to ask questions beyond that, and was a little slow at that too. :-[ (I'm a bit of a scatterbrain at times, and I guess within the packed din of the center, it couldn't be helped anyways.) At least they've been taken care of now, making any potential future meetups a lot more prompt. Even the voice acting advice, which I thought they would have a more input on given a couple of the unique circumstances (i. e. character creation of Cheese) but didn't have that much on, helped quite a bit.

But that wasn't the only sweet panel I hit up. Although I came a little late for the whole thing, the Shin Chan panel, which I went to prior, was typically hilarious. Shockingly (or not), there was some stuff the English adaptation writers came up with that was too obscene to go through their own senses of good taste.

Following the Foster's panel I went to the preview panel for Chuck, the new show from Josh Schwartz of the OC. The first episode, which was screened at the intro, was unexpectedly hilarious and quite thrilling. Think Alias meets the Office, or some other [insert action/spy thriller] meets [insert workplace comedy] metaphor. So yeah, I would recommend at least checking it out when it debuts on NBC in a couple months.

And today I checked out the Simpsons and Futurama panels, both of which were great. I only wish I wasn't late to the latter due to the incredibly long line, which led to me missing the preview clip(s) during the beginning. Not to mention that I stupidly missed today's voice acting panel.

Anyways, I enjoyed it on the whole, and was inspired to really begin chasing my own dreams.

Yeah, I did wear the Bloo costume, but I believe someone else here that occasionally posts here does, too (Waynekaa or someone in his group does). Did you get any photos?

cartman414
07-29-2007, 09:51 AM
Yeah, I did wear the Bloo costume, but I believe someone else here that occasionally posts here does, too (Waynekaa or someone in his group does). Did you get any photos?

No, I didn't really take any photos.

Ccook50
07-29-2007, 02:09 PM
I was at the Sunday panel with Jess Harnell, Maurice LaMarche, April Stewart, Greg Burson, Michael Bell and Tom Kenny. Hilarious stuff. I wanted to go to Qualcomm and make fun of the American Idol wannabes but I'm pooped and I have an 8 AM flight back to Atlanta to catch. (If you've heard the Geico radio spots with Smokey the biker, that's Greg Burson.)

cartman414
07-29-2007, 02:38 PM
I was at the Sunday panel with Jess Harnell, Maurice LaMarche, April Stewart, Greg Burson, Michael Bell and Tom Kenny. Hilarious stuff. I wanted to go to Qualcomm and make fun of the American Idol wannabes but I'm pooped and I have an 8 AM flight back to Atlanta to catch. (If you've heard the Geico radio spots with Smokey the biker, that's Greg Burson.)

Oh man, I would have loved to be at that panel, but couldn't be at the Con today. Wish I had decided upon getting a ticket for that day too while they were on sale. I feel so stupid. :(

narfcake
07-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Here's one (and alas, the only one I have) of the trio ...
http://www.powerpuff.net/misc/100_1592.jpg

On another note, both Bloo's managed to create so much chaos after the panel that Craig and Lauren escaped without too much incidence. 8D

(If anyone was wondering, I was the one wearing a white ringer shirt with the original 2004 promo design on Friday ... and mostly a variety of Animaniacs and Powerpuff shirts the rest of the weekend.)

Medikor
07-30-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm glad to hear that you guys are having such a blast. Someday I'll make it to a Con, but until then I'll just have to settle for living the experience through you guys.:D

Little Baby IceCream
07-30-2007, 11:37 AM
I'm glad to hear you guys had a great time! Sometimes, it really stinks to live all the way on the other side of the US! I'll try to make it someday!

Little Baby IceCream ;)

baabaa
07-30-2007, 12:08 PM
Those costumes look excellent :)
You certainly seem like you had a good time at the Con.

Daz

taranchula
07-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Well looks I am the first one back from the Con, despite that little snafu with the luggage I had an awesome time overall.

All the panels I went to were fantastic, Popeye, Billy and Mandy, Foster's, 24, Futurama, The Film Guys and Cartoon Voices 2 all had me in stitches as it was great to see these massively creative people just cutting loose and having fun while interacting with their fans.

Worst Cartoons Ever was another highlight, just trying to describe how bad these cartoons were to people I know, was almost as fun as watching them.

Due to time constraints I didn't get as many autographs as I would have liked, just Craig's, Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbit were the only ones I got. Oh well there is always next time.

As for stuff to take home, I didn't get as much stuff as I wanted to get.
I wanted to buy so much stuff, but thanks to the whole lack of luggage thing I had to be cautious. But I still managed to get that really swanky sketchbook, t-shirt and patch combo at Craig and Lauren's booth (All of which were not Foster's or Powerpuff Girls or even MilkyWay and the Galaxy Girls related btw, They were some very nice sketches that Craig did in his spare time.) The Film Crew, Vol 1 DVD: Hollywood After Dark, The complete series of Excel Saga on DVD, a DVD movie called Contour done by an independent film company called "The Stunt People" (Whom obviously did their own stunts.) and what ever free trinkets I picked up here and there and could fit in my bag.

So all in all it was fun time for me, and I hope to do it all again sometime in the near future.

Sparky
07-30-2007, 08:55 PM
We got home a little while ago, after YET MORE car trouble (Triple-A had to come give us a whole new battery...I think maybe the hotel valet people let my battery run down because it was completely useless). Unfortunately it looks like I will likely be trashing the Mac head as I have no place to keep it. :P Oh well, I'm already scheming my costume for next year. ;)

One Radical Dude
07-30-2007, 09:20 PM
We got home a little while ago, after YET MORE car trouble (Triple-A had to come give us a whole new battery...I think maybe the hotel valet people let my battery run down because it was completely useless). Unfortunately it looks like I will likely be trashing the Mac head as I have no place to keep it. :P Oh well, I'm already scheming my costume for next year. ;)

Yeah, I heard something about more car problems. It sucks to hear that you're likely getting rid of the Mac head, but if one doesn't have the room, well -- you gotta do what you gotta do. I look forward to next year's Comic-Con.

Edit: Rid and I left San Diego just after 10 AM, and we arrived after 11:30 AM.

Sparky
07-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Until I get the 2007 Comic-Con pictures up on the site, here are a couple things Craig and Lauren did for me:

I asked them to sign my underwear, lol (http://www.fosters-home.com/comiccon2007/images/shorts.jpg)

For some reason Craig says I'm the first person to ever ask him to draw Terrence for them... (http://www.fosters-home.com/comiccon2007/images/terrencedrawing.jpg) ;) (Sorry for the watermark but I don't want anyone using that image anywhere)

One Radical Dude
07-30-2007, 10:02 PM
Heh heh, I didn't see the signed underwear. 8D I know I saw the Terrence sketch. Totally awesome that you're the first one to ask for one. :terrsmile:

Sparky
07-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Okay, I don't recall if he said I actually was the first, but that it was definitely an unusual request. Don't mean to spread misinformation. :)

By the way, I do have a few leftover "I (heart) FB" boxer shorts, in various sizes...unsigned of course. I dunno if anyone wants them, if not maybe I'll give them away at the next con or something.

narfcake
07-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Heh heh, I didn't see the signed underwear.

... which I subsequently commented that even I haven't been so bad to ask for my PPG boxers to be signed. 8D

(Licensed items from Malaysia. Got 'em new off eBay a few years back.)

Ridureyu
07-31-2007, 12:02 AM
More car trouble - ew. First the brakes, and now the battery? How old was the battery?

Medikor
07-31-2007, 06:08 AM
Until I get the 2007 Comic-Con pictures up on the site, here are a couple things Craig and Lauren did for me:

I asked them to sign my underwear, lol (http://www.fosters-home.com/comiccon2007/images/shorts.jpg)

Ha! Awesome!8D

Cassini90125
07-31-2007, 07:51 AM
I got home about 90 minutes ago with no major problems. Despite all the food I shovelled down my throat, including two Big Macs at the San Diego airport, I only gained 1.5 pounds. Guess all that walking to and from the Con and the numerous trips to Ralph's burned off a lot of calories. 8D

Ah, what a grand time I had! It was great meeting everyone, both from the Forum and from CN. The whole thing was quite an unforgettable adventure from start to finish and I'm almost certain I'll want to do it again next year. :)

Imaginary Light
07-31-2007, 08:02 AM
I really wish I could've gone. It sounds like you guys had an amazing time! It makes me jealous;) I'm ROFL at the signed underwear thing8D

Sparky
07-31-2007, 03:14 PM
More car trouble - ew. First the brakes, and now the battery? How old was the battery?

Pretty old, but it had been fine prior to the valet thing. Oh well.

I got home about 90 minutes ago with no major problems. Despite all the food I shovelled down my throat, including two Big Macs at the San Diego airport, I only gained 1.5 pounds. Guess all that walking to and from the Con and the numerous trips to Ralph's burned off a lot of calories. :D

I gained about five. :'( But then I couldn't walk as much as I would have if I hadn't been in pain.

Ah, what a grand time I had! It was great meeting everyone, both from the Forum and from CN. The whole thing was quite an unforgettable adventure from start to finish and I'm almost certain I'll want to do it again next year. :)

YAY!! I'm glad you're hoping to come back. We can scheme some more. :slybendy:

Sparky
07-31-2007, 07:37 PM
Looks like Government Man got some video of ORD and Keith chatting (Keith doing Bloo's voice) with me as Mac standing behind them. There's a short bit prior to that of ORD, CG, and me together. I'll try to edit those and get them posted soonish. Still trying to gather photos together from the others as I took few myself; then all will be posted on the site.

One Radical Dude
07-31-2007, 08:46 PM
Okay. I've emailed the photos to you, chief. I think it was small enough to be able to receive it.

CG
08-01-2007, 03:43 PM
I have the whole video of ORD and Keith captured, as well as a lot of photos related to Fosters.

But man! What a grand ole time it all was! Only 79 photos, CG I'm ashamed of myself. Tsk. Oh well, I'm sure you guys got some I know I'd love to see too.

Cassini90125
08-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Hey, I'm sorry we got separated at the airport. Seems you'd already gone through your security checkpoint by the time I caught up with you; I really didn't want to go through that ordeal twice. If it makes you feel any better I was treated very rudely at my checkpoint. :P

Glad you're back. :)

CG
08-01-2007, 04:04 PM
I kept getting compliments on my bag, even by people in the airport. I heard mothers saying to their kids 'ooh look at that bag!'

But yeah that's okay. I was worried you got lost and didn't know where to go, but good to know you got back safe.

Lynnie
08-01-2007, 06:37 PM
*I meant so post this yesterday, but was having computer problems*

Welcome back home, everyone. Glad to hear you're all safe and sound. Sorry to hear of Sparky's car problems. Been there, done that, and I surely empathize. Argh, what a pain! :terrence: Hope this means your car is ok now, though.

And Taranchula, did they ever find your luggage? I'm sure we're all hoping for the best with that.

Well, glad to hear everyone got back safely. And glad to hear you all had a great (although understandibly, tireing) time. :D

edit: And ORD, love the new avatar! :yeah:

taranchula
08-01-2007, 06:49 PM
And Taranchula, did they ever find your luggage? I'm sure we're all hoping for the best with that.

Well, glad to hear everyone got back safely. And glad to hear you all had a great (although understandibly, tireing) time. :D

Thanks, and no nothing on that front yet, I'll be filing a claim with them at the end of the week if I don't hear anything.

Ridureyu
08-01-2007, 10:33 PM
I really hope they find that luggage.

In good news, I've managed to ID about 90% of the crowd of Random Monsters! I should make one of them a new avatar or sig pic.

Ccook50
08-02-2007, 05:43 AM
I flew back to Atlanta Monday morning and made it, living to tell the tale. When booking the cheap seats, they only pass out snacks and drinks, twice during the flight. As such I had to go to the bathroom just as the plane came to the approach at Hartsfield-Jackson. So I had to hold it in (TMI) until the plane was fully stopped at the gate. And that was a chore because the plane was stopped on the tarmac waiting for another plane to leave the gate.

Cassini90125
08-02-2007, 07:24 AM
When booking the cheap seats, they only pass out snacks and drinks, twice during the flight.

Here's what they handed out on my flight:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f184/Cassini90125/Snack_Pack.jpg

These arrived in a plastic tray with a blue-and-white wrapping labelled "Snack Pack". Thank you, Delta. 8D

Ccook50
08-02-2007, 08:16 AM
That's it, all right. The second time around they pass out Sun Chips.

Imaginary Light
08-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Wow, um...that's quite a meal.

Cassini90125
08-02-2007, 08:34 AM
In the 1st class section they got a package listed as "meal". I have no idea what was in it. Later in the flight we got Sun Chips, too. Both courses had a choice of beverages, mostly carbonated. For $5.00 you could get booze, although not enough to take your mind off the fact that you're 30,000+ feet above the ground. :P

Ccook50
08-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Not mention swerving around cumulonimbus (thunderstorm) clouds over Texas.

Cassini90125
08-02-2007, 10:23 AM
We hit turbulance once during the trip home, but I can't say I thought it was any big deal. It felt like driving over an area of shallow potholes, nothing more. Could probably have been far worse, I suspect. :P

Medikor
08-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Part of the reason why I don't like to travel is because I have a real fear of getting on an airplane. I'm sure the payoff is worth it, but I doubt the other passengers would appreciate me freaking out the whole time.8D

Sparky
08-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Worst thing about the Con being over is I'm allergic to Sacramento. :'( I was fine down in SD but I've had terrible allergies since we came home. How wrong it is to have to live someplace where you have allergies. -_- Especially when you've seen what its like to *not* have them.

One Radical Dude
08-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Eeek. I do not look forward to Tuesday night/Wednesday AM, because my allergies act up more where I live, too. :wiltshock:

Ridureyu
08-02-2007, 11:47 AM
I think I got sick with something. It's minor, but my throat's been bothering me since yesterday.

WHO WAS THE GERM CARRIER? Was it part of the Fosters staff?

Sparky
08-02-2007, 11:59 AM
I had a sore throat Wednesday and Thursday, but I honestly think it was due to having to talk loudly in the convention hall on Wednesday, and it went away. (To be safe I took an Airborne every morning.) Right now I'm positive all I have now is allergies, so I really don't think I passed any germs to anyone..

I blame those little monster toys. :D

Cassini90125
08-02-2007, 12:49 PM
No illness or allergies here. However, I have decided that I hate this town and I wanna go back to the Marriott. 8D

narfcake
08-02-2007, 01:50 PM
No sickness here either ... though all it would've taken was that 1 in 120,000+ to carry some germs to have passed it on.

That avatar is absolutely evil of you, Chris.

taranchula
08-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Yeah, I think the sore throats are just a side effect of having to talk really loudly over the general noise produced by 20,000 people.

Sparky
08-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Well I've got some photos (and a link to a vid CG made) up on my site:

Here (http://www.fosters-home.com/comiccon2007/index.htm)

(Didn't anyone take any photos of me out of costume? :P)

pitbulllady
08-02-2007, 06:36 PM
A broken-down dark green Toyota RAV-4...now WHY does that look so familiar to me? My first thought was, literally, HOW the heck did a picture of MY car wind up on Sparky's website, with the battery dead, no less? That's just too weird, given that my virtually-identical RAV-4 had a dead battery(thanks to me leaving the headlights on in the driveway for four hours while waiting for a thunderstorm to pass) at roughly the same time.

pitbulllady

Sparky
08-02-2007, 07:40 PM
*cue creepy music*

That pic was when they were replacing the brake pads, on the 25th. The battery died on the day we left the hotel, the 30th - the valet guys at the hotel gave us a jump and claimed the battery would recharge itself as we drove but when we stopped for gas about 2 1/2 hours later the battery was thoroughly dead and I had to get AAA out there. Seriously, I think the valet guys left the headlights on in the garage or something. They should have just owned up. Whatever.

narfcake
08-02-2007, 08:31 PM
(Didn't anyone take any photos of me out of costume? :P)

Sorry! Though I took a lot of pictures, alas, it was mostly for people we don't know.

(This for Friday, then for Rob Paulsen fans on Saturday, then Maurice LaMarche and Jess Harnell fans on Sunday.)

I must say, I was seriously lacking in getting autographs this year too. Ah well.

As for the valet ... that sucks. Highly unlikely they'd ever own up, though. Good reason why I self park (though the sign says full, they had spaces back there); the last time I pulled into valet parking, I had to self park my car anyways. Apparently, the guy didn't know how to drive stick.

cartman414
08-03-2007, 07:49 AM
Eeeeek. Now those are some horror stories. Hope none of you were late in getting back to your regular lives/obligations/etc.

And here I was feeling bummed about missing Sunday, when the VAs I wanted to see started showing up. Things can always get worse.

Ccook50
08-03-2007, 01:41 PM
That avatar is absolutely evil of you, Chris.
Yes, isn't it? :D

Nem
08-09-2007, 06:36 PM
I hope I am not breaking any rules by posting this D:!

Anyways, it'll probably be removed but that is okay, if it is I will ask my friend who uploaded it to youtube to upload it to megaupload or something :x

Anyways, my friend took this video and uploaded it for me, and I thought I'd share it with you all =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zu2i0TDSzM - And the question and answer part (not all of it though, but some of it).

Enjoy =)

Sparky
08-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Your friend certainly wasn't the only one who recorded panels against Comic-Con's wishes. I won't take down the links or forbid them, but I was enough of a Girl Scout to not break the rules myself and record anything surreptitiously. Mr H would be proud of me. :herriman:

One Radical Dude
08-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Actually, I wouldn't recommend posting the former (or keep it up for long), because we would increase the risk of the organizers of the convention to put a stop to such events (such as this panel) or add more restrictions. I know you're not the only one to do that, though. I'm just saying, though. :P I think the latter is fine (I was told by one that they only crack down on the videos of people showing the footage of video previews, though I've heard none should be recorded at all -- kinda confusing). Ridureyu did record the entire panel, minus the video of the preview.

Sparky
08-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Yeah ORD is right, they allowed taping at panels where no footage was going to be shown. It would be too hard for them to enforce people taping a panel *except* for any exclusive footage. But I am one of the guilty ones at last year's Con where that's exactly what the case was (it said right in the booklet, you may tape anything but images on a screen) - not only did I post the panel minus the sneak peek at Bus the Two of Us to Google Video, but I posted the sneak peek footage separately directly on fosters-home.com. So...it's because of people like me that they cracked down in the first place. :P You all have my apologies for that.

Nem
08-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Ahhh okay coolies, I'll remove the one that shows the preview for the new episode. I don't want anyone getting into trouble XD

I can put it back up if you want, but for now I'll just leave it down. Besides, the episode will be shown soon enough =D

One Radical Dude
08-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Here's a link (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HSP99XJ2) to the one used with my camcorder, and the quality should be better. I used XviD for encoding; and while I like the results, I wish the file size would be a little smaller. I think you need something that uses MPEG-4 to view the video. Let me know, if anyone has problems viewing the video.

Sparky
08-10-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm downloading it; if other people have problems viewing it I can probably convert it to something easier.

(AFAIK mpeg-4 is like a podcast, and iTunes for one will work to view it.)

edit: We're experiencing constant interruption of internet service here, so I'm unable to dl this for now.

edit #2: I got it, but I thought you meant it was a vid of the panel, not of the conversation between you and Keith. My bad.

cartman414
08-10-2007, 08:25 PM
I'll just hold off until the premiere before seeing that footage again. Won't be long.

Certainly wasn't that hard last year waiting for "Bus the Two of Us" to premiere, and that was one of the best episodes yet.

floppynoodleson666
08-10-2007, 09:38 PM
sorry to ask, but when are the new episodes?

Nem
08-10-2007, 09:41 PM

I believe someone mentioned it being sometime in September, but don't quote me on this, as I could be wrong =P

kageri
08-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Here's a link (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HSP99XJ2) to the one used with my camcorder, and the quality should be better. I used XviD for encoding; and while I like the results, I wish the file size would be a little smaller. I think you need something that uses MPEG-4 to view the video. Let me know, if anyone has problems viewing the video.

I'm loling here. "A-W-S-U-M". Who was filming?

One Radical Dude
08-10-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm loling here. "A-W-S-U-M". Who was filming?

Ridureyu was filming this one. :bloogrin:

Cassini90125
08-11-2007, 09:23 AM

I believe someone mentioned it being sometime in September, but don't quote me on this, as I could be wrong =P

At the Foster's event we were told September, but we weren't given a specific date. Hopefully it'll be close to the 1st. :)

ptps
08-11-2007, 08:08 PM
I caught the question panel (which was too muffled to make anything out except Keith's "I'M NOT HIS SIDEKICK!!" XD) and the preview of Season5 on youtube. omg, I can't wait for the rest of Season 5, that power ranger parody was just hilarious. XD