PDA

View Full Version : Go with the Flow

fosters home fan
12-11-2006, 05:44 AM
Has anyone played this minigame yet? It's fun, but it takes a long time for the water to go through those pipes.:jk: It's a lot like Pipe Dream.

Prince-Vegeta
12-11-2006, 06:12 AM
Hold X to make the water go faster.

fosters home fan
12-11-2006, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the tip. :)

Prince-Vegeta
12-11-2006, 06:10 PM
No problem. By the way to get more points faster try to make as long of a pipe as you can, and don't leave a pipe alone or you will lose points, just in case you didn't know already.

montitech
12-11-2006, 09:13 PM
Go With the Flow was discussed briefly in a few threads back in early october.
here is my tips on it:
"Go with the flow is a version of "Pipe Dream" , all the older gammers like myself know this game too well. the trick to getting all the coco prizes is to build the largest pipe that you can on the early levels. since it will get harder as you advance. By makeing pipes over 30 pieces each level you should be able to get 3000 point before level 10. "

I am not a big fan of this mini-game, but that is mostly because it gives you levels that are imposible to solve and you cannot even get a single point from trying to solve it.

other tips, use the 4-way and three way pipes, as much as posible since they give more points.

use the cork to seal up the loose ends and you can go back and add a pipe to that cork later.

When the board just starts focus on getting a few wide pipes onto the reservour. these are the pipes that take longer to fill, and give you more time to get the rest of the path layed out.

If you do not get the pipe you want then through the pipe either where you think you may need it or just out of the way. DO NOT put the pipe on top of another pipe unless you have to because it takes a lot of time to replace a pipe and it is quick to just drop it.

Practice filling the Maps on the first few levels. this will reach the High score the fastest and easiest.

hold the button down to make the water flow faster.

try to plan pipe paths based on the pipes comming up, and try to route loops to fill the loose ends of the three way pipes, remember you can always replace it with a four way pipe later.

THe freeze power up was not very usefull.

IT takes time to Rotate a pipe, switch a pipe, or wait for the pipe you need on the multi-pipe, so decide if it is worth the wait.

Monty :-/

PaperHatCat
12-27-2006, 12:16 PM
I really like this game and have played it a lot, but i'm never able to get the 2 buddies that are supposed to be won by playing this game (vampy and the witch) if its a highscore or something like that, could someone please post the score needed to get them and maybe do this for the other games :D it would be very helpful. thanks.

montitech
12-27-2006, 04:50 PM
I really like this game and have played it a lot, but i'm never able to get the 2 buddies that are supposed to be won by playing this game (vampy and the witch) if its a highscore or something like that, could someone please post the score needed to get them and maybe do this for the other games :D it would be very helpful. thanks.

When you are at the chooser screen in the begining click on the My High Scores. If there are presents there then those are the scores to beat to get a collectable. once all presents have been collected from the high score table there are no more collectables for that game.

Each minigame has 3 games in it of increasing difficulty. the first game is unlocked when you unlock the minigame. the remaing two also need to be unlocked via filling the popularity bar.

When checking your score make sure tohit the Tabs to check the needed scores for all three games.

TIP: in GO with the Flow the levels are randomized as you advance levels. the best way to get the High Score is to build really long pipes that cover almost every square on each level. Making Huge Pipes is a sure way to get the High score in under 10 levels. (If my memory is correct.)

also look through this thread there are other tips on playing this minigame

Monty :-/

PaperHatCat
12-28-2006, 08:52 PM
thanks monty that helped a lot, i really appreciate all the help. :)

Vicks
01-05-2007, 10:33 PM
I NEVER dump a piece of pipe outside of the path where I'm going, because that causes me to lose points. If I did that I'd never get any points for some levels as I'm not very good at thinking waaaay ahead in long chains. Nor am I fast enough.

I place all the pieces I can't/don't want to use toward the other end. Then I just keep clicking through the pieces, putting them on top of each other, until I get what I need. I didn't see in the instructions where you can sort through parts or rotate them. I might have missed it, though. So I've just done it this way. If you click through them fast enough and watch ahead at what's coming, then it isn't an issue.

I try to put all the wider pieces close to the faucet where Bloo will turn on the water. This buys me time if I don't get the pieces I want.

It didn't occur to me to try and make as long of a pipe as possible early on in the game until I unlocked Level 3 and it was really hard (hot and cold water). Once I did that I was able to beat it pretty quickly. Good advice!
~Vicks

montitech
01-06-2007, 08:22 AM
if you put pieces on top of other pieces it takes a lot longer than placing the piece somewhere else, thus It is worth loosing a few points if the pipes are left over to allow you to get through the pipes quicker, since time is so critical.

It is good on the levels with Hot and Cold to finish one pipe quickly (a strait run) and then spend the time to make the other pipe very long,

It is good to put all the wide pipes in the begining, while you can build loops twords the end of the pipe.

just some other quick tips,

monty :-/