PDA

View Full Version : CN snowball ads

scary_dream
12-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Ok, on the new CN ads in which different characters are singing that Christmas carol and being rolled up in a snowball, does anyone else think that Mac does not sound like Mac at all? I mean, it's not unusual for voice actors to stand in for one another in the case of a one-line job, but seriously... it sounds REALLY unlike him. The voice sounds like Rob Paulsen to me.

Maybe it's just a coincidence?

One Radical Dude
12-10-2006, 04:18 PM
It sounds higher-pitched, but it doesn't really sound like Rob Paulsen. It still sounds like Sean Marquette to me, unlike the first Cartoon Network Summer 2006 ad. Also, the snowball ads are the same ones from last year, except they replaced the female announcer, and used the current male announcer with a few other changes.

(W00t, I hit the millennium mark.)

CG
12-10-2006, 04:24 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!! *tosses confetti!*

kageri
12-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Congrats ORD!! 8)

But yeah, I agree that this time he sounds like a higher-pitched Sean while in the summer 2006 ads he sounded like a.... not Sean.

scary_dream
12-10-2006, 10:47 PM
It sounds higher-pitched, but it doesn't really sound like Rob Paulsen. It still sounds like Sean Marquette to me, unlike the first Cartoon Network Summer 2006 ad. Also, the snowball ads are the same ones from last year, except they replaced the female announcer, and used the current male announcer with a few other changes.

Well at least I'm not crazy for noticing SOMETHING is different. I guess the reason it sounds like Rob Paulsen to me is because it IS higher-pitched. It almost sounds like a variation of the voice he uses for Yakko Warner. I'm not arguing, though, I'm sure you guys are right.

Btw, congrats, ORD!

KazooBloo
12-16-2016, 04:17 PM
Doesnt sound the same.